41.73 UNSTABLE RELEASED

Batsphinx

HOTFIX JULY 28th:

- Increased allowed map_meta.bin and map_zone.bin file size from 20MB to 50MB in multiplayer.

HOTFIX JULY 25th:

- Fixed updates to the map causing zombies to spawn inside previously cleared buildings.
- Disabled the transfer of media items (CDs) when installing/uninstalling vehicle radios, as the current method causes issues in MP. Should be resolved for the next unstable release
- Re-added previously removed IGUI_PlayerText_CanNotExitFromMovingCar string
- Removed the -Xss1280k stack-size JVM parameter from Linux ProjectZomboid.json files.
- Increased Linux and Mac -Xmx=2048m to -Xmx=3072m max-heap JVM parameter to match Windows.
- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoGameCharacter.Eat().

Original post below:

Barring any necessary hot fixes, this will likely be the last unstable patch before pushing the contents of 41.72 and 41.73 into the main stable branch.

NEW

- Gas container tooltip tweaks:
  1) When adding fuel to a generator, tooltips show the percentage the generator's fuel percentage will increase.
  2) When adding/siphoning fuel to/from a vehicle, tooltips show the item capacity in liters (to match the mechanics ui).
  3) When taking fuel from a gas pump, tooltips show the item capacity in drainable units.

- Updated Community Translations
- Added icons + textures for Medical/Trauma Bag and Canned Fruit Beverage.

MODELS AND ANIMS

- added masks to extended idle xmls to not clip as much,
- added relevant extended idle anims where needed
- capped off hoodieUP xfiles to stop transparency
- adjusted hoodieUP texture for new cap
- added blood locations to a couple of missing shirts
- re-exported female and zombie female base textures after eliminating some erroneous pixels causing holes
- adjusted Hat_Spiffo mask to display properly on character
- re-exported missed zombie body textures that had outlying pixels
- adjusted male and female HighViz vests to visually work similar to hunting vests
- reworked Male and Female HighViz vests
- changed HighViz vest body location
- tweaked Hunting vest masks to work better with underlying clothes

MODDING

- Added additional check to Vehicle Create, Update and Install Radios that may help prevent mods that modify what data is sent to it from causing errors.

FORAGING / SEARCH MODE

- changed double click behaviour of search mode pins to place items into the current selected player inventory panel if possible
- adjusted the search mode snow cover penalty limit as snowy weather combination could easily hit the penalty cap
- fixed an exploit with search focus when spamming the search mode button which could force items to change type
- fixed a visual issue with search focus trigger after spotting items which caused picked up items to sometimes be the original item

BALANCE

- Ginseng now provides an Endurance Buff when used to make a Hot Beverage as a spice.
- Added Basil to more recipes.
- Better handling of evolved recipe item name when they only have spice ingredients.

- Added the ability to install Makeshift Radios into vehicles; this was done for consistency with the requested fix of allowing Makeshift HAM radios to be installed in Ham radio vehicles.
- Allow vehicles that have HAM radios to allow any sort of HAM radio installed in them; Luxury and Modern Cars will also always spawn with Premium Radios installed.
- CDs in Premium radios will transfer to/from the vehicle they are being installed into/uninstalled from.

FIXES

- Fixed mapper-placed broken windows not being smashed IsoWindow objects.
- Fixed vehicle lightbar lights and siren continuing to operate after the part condition drops to zero (due to zombie thumping).
- Fixed the lightbar option not appearing in the vehicle radio menu after the part is destroyed.
  The option appears now, but the lights and siren won't operate at zero condition.
- Fixed multiple lightbar parts appearing in the vehicle mechanics ui.
- Fixed incorrect effect of distance on critical-hit chance with firearms.
- Fixed pans holding less water than pots.
- Fixed issue with zombie maggots + fishing; zombie corpses now spawn poisoned Base.Maggots and not Base.Maggots2 which are now obsolete.
- Fixed issues with new gas bottles and containers in backpacks.
- Fixed missing distributions for barbequestore and bathroom/shelves.
- Fixed Canned Fruit Beverage not having reduce thirst value.
- Fixed Obese and Fit not being fully mutually exclusive in MainCreationMethods.lua.
- Fixed missing translation string ContextMenu_FuelCapacity.
- Fixed inconsistent GoodHot from WildEggs tooltip.
- Fixed ContextMenu_PanicNoSleep not being translated in one instance.
- Fixed IsWaterSource parameter from BleachBottleGasoline.
- Fixed issues with eating quarter and half portions of small amounts of food.
- Fixed recipes to tear denim and leather - temporary fix pending improvement.
- Fixed adding whole and uncooked animal as a bait, removing and butchering it returning a "full" hunger reduction value animal
- Fixed missing tooltip for SafehouseAllowNonResidential server option
- Fixed ContextMenu_ContextMenu_FuelCapacity typo.
- Fixed the wrong sprites being used for windows sometimes.
- Fixed one of the molotov cocktail producing unwanted empty bottles.
- Fixed added AddIngredientIfCooked:true to the Burger evolved recipe so baked bread slices can be used to make burgers
- Fixed missing period in Tooltip_item_RainFromGroundOnlyPurifyMicrowave.
- Fixed missing period in Tooltip_item_RainFromGround.
- Fixed hot drinks with alcohol being too strong.
- Fixed better tooltips for tainted water items in plastic containers that can only be boiled in microwaves.
- Fixed baked bread slices not being usable when making sandwiches; this was on account of them being cooked, the evolved recipe for sandwiches was changed to allow cooked bread slices.
- Fixed missing item Violets that got accidentally removed
- Fixed Peaches having evolved recipe food type "Berry"
- Fixed various mapping issues

• nasKo pinned this topic
10 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

1) When adding fuel to a generator, tooltips show the percentage the generator's fuel percentage will increase.
  2) When adding/siphoning fuel to/from a vehicle, tooltips show the item capacity in liters (to match the mechanics ui).
  3) When taking fuel from a gas pump, tooltips show the item capacity in drainable units.

I know this is prolly a bit late, but can we please have a better long-term Gas-Storage containers? Maybe using the Metal Drums you find all over the map? It's still hella inefficient to only be able to store gas in bottles and cans. On most of my +2 months playthrus, 70% of all my storage containers are filled with nothing but gas cans.

16 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Barring any necessary hot fixes, this will likely be the last unstable patch before pushing the contents of 41.72 and 41.73 into the main stable branch.

It would be nice to deal with the unauthorized appearance of zombies.

3 hours ago, vek said:

It would be nice to deal with the unauthorized appearance of zombies.

Could you explain where / how this happened for you?

Where on the map were you (exact location), and also were there many/any corpses previously in the area where the zeds reappeared? 

11 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Could you explain where / how this happened for you?

Where on the map were you (exact location), and also were there many/any corpses previously in the area where the zeds reappeared? 

This issue seems to be noticed by alot of people who updated from 41.72 to 73. But it seems Buildings (houses, stores, etc) in general have had their set zeds respawn within them.

My Base is currently the warehouse on the east side of west point, and 5-6 zeds respawned in there after i loaded the save.. the restraunt across also suddenly had one, and the gas station just south had a new one. Note that I have zombie respawns off, and cleared parts of eastern west point already (mainly down-town area), and now all the zeds in the stores, etc have respawned. Meanwhile the streets were still clear.

Although I am a bit worried if zeds in buildings that i have not cleared yet.. respawned.. doubling the amount of zeds.. but will find out eventually.

UPDATE: So I did go around checking buildings that I loaded in but never disturbed to see if zombies doubled in spawn inside them, it doesnt seem so.. 

Also I got curious and went to the Crossroads mall (both parking lot and mall were cleared).

I walked up to the gates, looked in and went inside, saw nothing, thinking "whew, good thing this wasn-" aaaand as soon as im thinking that and leaving.. zeds spawn around me ... x.x

Edited by GaspieV
Double checking zed spawns for related issue

I created this game on 41.72. I played for about a dozen real hours and did not notice any problems with rebirth, only with the fact that one Zed I had previously killed and even without a T-shirt, which I had previously torn into rags, suddenly turned up alive in the house from which I had taken out everything I needed earlier.
I play without mods. Started in Muldraugh. Without the zombie revival.
The base is on the territory of a warehouse in the city center, where there are two buildings, one large brown, the second white corner. Both buildings are surrounded by a fence with closed gates. I immediately cleaned up all the buildings and the entire territory, even cut down all the trees that grew on this territory.
Then the game was updated to 41.73.
And I met two zombies inside my base, between the buildings. They walked from the white building to the big one.
Then there is a small restaurant Pizza Whirled near the highway close to my base, which I cleaned completely on the first day and it was empty. But as I approached it, I noticed that several zombies in the uniforms and aprons of the employees of this restaurant were getting out of it, but I had already killed them all before and their corpses had even managed to disappear from the world.

There have been no corpses inside the base for a long time. They were outside, but they couldn't get inside.
The corpses of employees inside and around the restaurant have long disappeared. But the "live" zombies then reappeared!

Map

https://dropmefiles.com/KysIN

I also remembered that after killing two new zombies inside my base, I went to check the white corner warehouse and found a newly appeared generator in it!
Before that, on the very first day, I completely checked this warehouse and there was no generator there.

In the containers and on the floor, all the loot remained as it was after my first visit, when I took out everything I needed.

Edited by vek

I also remembered what I wanted to write here.
I often do gas welding and disassemble electric stoves, microwaves and plumbing. At the same time, my character automatically puts on a welder's mask from the inventory. Then I have to put on a normal helmet or helmet, which gives better protection in battle, and so on and on... and again.
At 41.72, I was very happy that if there was a mask in the inventory, it was automatically removed immediately after use. I was so glad that the developers did this, but 41.73 came out and I have to shoot it manually again.((

On 7/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Batsphinx said:

FIXES

I have a number of questions:
1. In practice, after disassembling an electronic watch or walkie-talkie, he puts a screwdriver in his inventory, but when disassembling a TV or radio, he does not remove the screwdriver, but leaves it in his hand, which is very inconvenient, because he really has a keyboard.
2. When we just disassemble the table lamp, we can only get some spare parts where the bulb does not go, what can be the first thing before disassembling the table lamp? Maybe it would be wiser to leave both spare electronic parts and light bulbs at the same time with the disassembly of the table lamp? Don't you want to take the praetorkeum light bulb first?
3. It has already been written about this, but I will say that I am tired of constantly removing the welder's mask after disassembling it in a microwave or microwave oven. It should be placed in it, but it should also be automatically deleted after use. After all, there is no propane burner left in my hand! It would be great if he still had a propane burner in his hand.
4. At 41.73, zombies were often given weapons in the inventory that were not related to weapons.

Edited by mimo_za

Does anyone know how this visual error could be fixed?  I have all my drivers updated as far as it allows me....

in the first image the pants look bad when rolled up

and second it happens when wearing the shirts rolled up

they are clothes from a mod, but other people do not feel the same way, maybe it could be something in the graphic section of the game that could be revised and maybe it is repairable.screenshot_21-07-2022_07-16-13.thumb.png.6328a29b0de975090ebdac4e2a74d1ef.png

screenshot_21-07-2022_07-07-08.png

11 hours ago, mimo_za said:

4.    At 41.73, zombies cum armis saepe tribuebat in eorum inventarium, quod non pertinent ad esse telum.

At 41.73, zombies with weapons often have ammunition in their inventory that does not belong to this weapon.
I often see zombie cops with shotguns on their backs, but with 9mm cartridges. And it happens the other way around.

1 hour ago, vek said:

At 41.73, zombies with weapons often have ammunition in their inventory that does not belong to this weapon.
I often see zombie cops with shotguns on their backs, but with 9mm cartridges. And it happens the other way around.

A zombie apocalypse just happened.

The ammunition was for a shotgun, sidearm or backup gun that the police officer lost before dying.

Or, as a zombie apocalypse was happening, it was ammunition they grabbed, just in case, despite not having a gun that uses it.

Maybe the reason they still have that ammunition is that they used up all the ammunition for the guns they do have.

Edited by Blair Algol

12 hours ago, Carlos Rojas_cu said:

Does anyone know how this visual error could be fixed?  I have all my drivers updated as far as it allows me....

in the first image the pants look bad when rolled up

and second it happens when wearing the shirts rolled up

they are clothes from a mod, but other people do not feel the same way, maybe it could be something in the graphic section of the game that could be revised and maybe it is repairable.screenshot_21-07-2022_07-16-13.thumb.png.6328a29b0de975090ebdac4e2a74d1ef.png

screenshot_21-07-2022_07-07-08.png

"Rolled up" implies that you're using a mod and as such we can't really fix it. You need to contact mod creator and let them know that this is happening.

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

"Rolled up" implies that you're using a mod and as such we can't really fix it. You need to contact mod creator and let them know that this is happening.

2 hours ago, Blair Algol said:

In addition to what Pandorea says, this is indeed a known issue for some users with the mod that has the clothing you're using with the rolled up options.

Thanks for the answers, if I know that they are a small problem of the mod and not of the game, I thought someone had a solution.
actually they are two of Shark's mods(Mods:SLEO-SMUI)
I have no way to communicate with him, someone else did it, but he doesn't know how to explain the visual error.
I think the only way would be to remove that option or he or someone made a mod which would not allow zombies to spawn with clothes in those states rolled up and rolled up. But I doubt they will, it would be much more work for him or someone else.

Thanks for the answers. :)

HOTFIX:

- Fixed updates to the map causing zombies to spawn inside previously cleared buildings. [NOTE: If your savegame was already updated to 41.73 prior to this hotfix, this fix might not apply to your savegame. Be aware. Backup your savegame.]
- Disabled the transfer of media items (CDs) when installing/uninstalling vehicle radios, as the current method causes issues in MP. Should be resolved for the next unstable release
- Removed the -Xss1280k stack-size JVM parameter from Linux ProjectZomboid.json files.
- Increased Linux and Mac -Xmx=2048m to -Xmx=3072m max-heap JVM parameter to match Windows.

This is awesome, when are these changes likely to go live. Wanting to start a new game but have access to the new map areas wondering when its likely to be? keep up the great work!

On 7/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, Batsphinx said:

EDIT July 25th:

HOTFIX:

- Fixed updates to the map causing zombies to spawn inside previously cleared buildings.

Original post below:

NEW

- Updated Community Translations
- Added icons + textures for Medical/Trauma Bag and Canned Fruit Beverage.

MODELS AND ANIMS

- added masks to extended idle xmls to not clip as much,
- added relevant extended idle anims where needed
- capped off hoodieUP xfiles to stop transparency
- adjusted hoodieUP texture for new cap
- added blood locations to a couple of missing shirts
- re-exported female and zombie female base textures after eliminating some erroneous pixels causing holes
- adjusted Hat_Spiffo mask to display properly on character
- re-exported missed zombie body textures that had outlying pixels
- adjusted male and female HighViz vests to visually work similar to hunting vests
- reworked Male and Female HighViz vests
- changed HighViz vest body location
- tweaked Hunting vest masks to work better with underlying clothes

MODDING

- Added additional check to Vehicle Create, Update and Install Radios that may help prevent mods that modify what data is sent to it from causing errors.

FORAGING / SEARCH MODE

- changed double click behaviour of search mode pins to place items into the current selected player inventory panel if possible
- adjusted the search mode snow cover penalty limit as snowy weather combination could easily hit the penalty cap
- fixed an exploit with search focus when spamming the search mode button which could force items to change type
- fixed a visual issue with search focus trigger after spotting items which caused picked up items to sometimes be the original item

BALANCE

- Ginseng now provides an Endurance Buff when used to make a Hot Beverage as a spice.
- Added Basil to more recipes.
- Better handling of evolved recipe item name when they only have spice ingredients.

- Added the ability to install Makeshift Radios into vehicles; this was done for consistency with the requested fix of allowing Makeshift HAM radios to be installed in Ham radio vehicles.
- Allow vehicles that have HAM radios to allow any sort of HAM radio installed in them; Luxury and Modern Cars will also always spawn with Premium Radios installed.
- CDs in Premium radios will transfer to/from the vehicle they are being installed into/uninstalled from.

FIXES

- Fixed mapper-placed broken windows not being smashed IsoWindow objects.
- Fixed vehicle lightbar lights and siren continuing to operate after the part condition drops to zero (due to zombie thumping).
- Fixed the lightbar option not appearing in the vehicle radio menu after the part is destroyed.
  The option appears now, but the lights and siren won't operate at zero condition.
- Fixed multiple lightbar parts appearing in the vehicle mechanics ui.
- Fixed incorrect effect of distance on critical-hit chance with firearms.
- Fixed pans holding less water than pots.
- Fixed issue with zombie maggots + fishing; zombie corpses now spawn poisoned Base.Maggots and not Base.Maggots2 which are now obsolete.
- Fixed issues with new gas bottles and containers in backpacks.
- Fixed missing distributions for barbequestore and bathroom/shelves.
- Fixed Canned Fruit Beverage not having reduce thirst value.
- Fixed Obese and Fit not being fully mutually exclusive in MainCreationMethods.lua.
- Fixed missing translation string ContextMenu_FuelCapacity.
- Fixed inconsistent GoodHot from WildEggs tooltip.
- Fixed ContextMenu_PanicNoSleep not being translated in one instance.
- Fixed IsWaterSource parameter from BleachBottleGasoline.
- Fixed issues with eating quarter and half portions of small amounts of food.
- Fixed recipes to tear denim and leather - temporary fix pending improvement.
- Fixed adding whole and uncooked animal as a bait, removing and butchering it returning a "full" hunger reduction value animal
- Fixed missing tooltip for SafehouseAllowNonResidential server option
- Fixed ContextMenu_ContextMenu_FuelCapacity typo.
- Fixed the wrong sprites being used for windows sometimes.
- Fixed one of the molotov cocktail producing unwanted empty bottles.
- Fixed added AddIngredientIfCooked:true to the Burger evolved recipe so baked bread slices can be used to make burgers
- Fixed missing period in Tooltip_item_RainFromGroundOnlyPurifyMicrowave.
- Fixed missing period in Tooltip_item_RainFromGround.
- Fixed hot drinks with alcohol being too strong.
- Fixed better tooltips for tainted water items in plastic containers that can only be boiled in microwaves.
- Fixed baked bread slices not being usable when making sandwiches; this was on account of them being cooked, the evolved recipe for sandwiches was changed to allow cooked bread slices.
- Fixed missing item Violets that got accidentally removed
- Fixed Peaches having evolved recipe food type "Berry"
- Fixed various mapping issues

Good work! 😃

• nasKo unpinned this topic