Weapons In Your Household?!

uberevan

I was looking around my house, and I realized how many things I could use for weapons.  Here's some stuff I found translated to PZ as best as possible
REAL WEAPONS:

Aluminum Bat-  Baseball Bat

Hatchet-  Axe

Ka-Bar USMC Knife-  Kitchen Knife

Cutlery Set-  Kitchen Knife x 10

.22 Rifles x 2-  Pistol(.22s aren't very powerful and would only be truly effective at relatively close range)

12-Gauge Shotgun-  The Shotgun obviously.

Poolstick x 6-  Poolsticks

MAKESHIFT WEAPONRY:

3 Lamps-  With their Metal Frame, though thin, they would likely be equivalent to a crowbar or close to it.

Walking Stick-  Sturdy Stick, but that isn't a weapon so baseball bat.

Metal Towel Rack-  Easily equivalent to a crowbar, except in length and weight.

Drumsticks/Mallets x Alot-  Sturdy Stick, which isn't a weapon, so a Hammer, but drastically reduced damage.

Rolling Pin-  Rolling Pin

Frying Pan x 2-  Frying Pan

Golf Clubs x 20

I have yet to see what is in my garage, but let me know what random items you find in your house that you could use in a zombie situation!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice set of weapons!! well, here at home there's not much since I just started living by myself but what I got so far:

- Good Old Baseball bat (wood though)

-some raquets/other sports bats (not good for smashing heads but may knock a walker over)

- couple o'kitchen knives

-silverware of course

-hammer, (other common tools)

-I would not do this, but I could always use my bass as a head smashing instrument as well... lol

... no guns for me since I live in brasil so... yeah, I would be pretty fucked in a zompocalypse :ph34r:...

It would be me and ma'bat.

Ill use my bedroom.

I have a pipe I keep in the corner, A wooden thick stick thingy, Pencils and Pens, my Leatherman, My screwdrivers for my laptops, various objects to break over someones skull like my wooden stand.

Uh Im sure theres more. Just doing this from the view of my bed.

.357, 12guage breach loaded shotty. Assorted cricket bats. A genuine war club. A revolver without bullets and an expended tank round, would work great as a mace. Some gymkhana swords and lances... Whole collection of kitchen and utility knives. Flare gun... Loads or iron bars in the garage.

Feeling kinda good lol.

I have a short, flat blade about the length of my forearm that I keep under the bed in case anyone breaks in and tries to rape me.

I also a large broadsword about 4.5 foot in length. It's blunt, but the weight of it could easily crush a skull. Hard to swing with any degree of control though.

After that, I'm down to kitchen knives, pots and pans, and raiding the toolbox.

Not exactly armed to the teeth... Unlike some of the posters above.

Hmm, let's see:

- 1 Scythe

- 1 Sickle

- 1 Dagger

- 1 Sword

- 9mm Browning (only for blank ammo) <- best present for your worse enemy in a z-apocalypse :D

- heavy handhammer

- screwdrivers

- various kitchenitems

and if I combined Hammer + Chair I got some sturdy clubs ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I keep a crowbar in the door well of my car, just in case i'm caught out of my home when the zombie apocalypse happens and I need to bash some skulls on the go. (But seriously, it is there for self defense in case I need to beat someone to death in a parking lot. I selected it specifically because it was the easiest for me to swing.)

I have the hammer, screwdrivers, and kitchen knives as well. There's probably some metal poles on some of the things that could be useful.

.22 Rifles x 2-  Pistol(.22s aren't very powerful and would only be truly effective at relatively close range)

Actually I think you are wrong with that thinking. Yes its not very powerful but any aimed shot is going to penetrate flesh and its not like zombies are going to be wearing body armour or anything so a headshot with a .22 should do the job. If you have any baby bottles and sellotape in your house you could make a very effective silencer especially if you are using subsonic ammo to prevent the bullet breaking the sound barrier. If you did that you would have an almost ideal anti-zombie weapon in that its a gun  and it wouldn't attract every zombie in the neighbourhood every time you fired it. The only annoyance would be using it indoors as rifles are quite bulky but a .22 rifle is usually built like a kids popgun and has very little recoil so you could probably do something imaginative with the stock  to mitigate this.

I have 3 cast iron frying pans, a pool cue and a dagger. Would last me until i get to my friends house. He has a 12 gauge shotgun, a .38 pistol, a 9mm pistol, a .40 pistol, a .45 pistol, an m4 rifle with a hundred round twin drum magazine, an ak47 with a 70 round banana clip, an heirloom quality battle ready sword with an oak shield, and dozens of knives.

Well, my current apartment's in Piter, so no need for gearing up in any way, but I still do have some stuff:

Ruger 101 (more of a purse carry, just in case) = Pistol x 1

Assortment of cutlery and pans, pots = Frying pan x 3; Kitchen knife x 10; Cooking pot x 1; Bowl x 4

Some tools and metal rods after the previous owner = Sledgehammer / Hammer x 1; Crowbar x 5-10, Screwdriver x 3

...well, there's also a bottle of Stolichnaya ;-)