Infected wounds don't heal

orikamii

I always founds infections (non Knox infections) to be very lame in-game, no cause of stress what-so-ever, when in reality an infection can be a death sentence without proper treatment. Depending on the type of wound, there should be a chance that an infected wound can cause sickness and even death if it's left for too long. And usually, an infected wound won't heal properly. Would add some much needed realism to the health panel. I never sterilize bandages or bother disinfecting as it stands.

I agree, I think we need a first aid / health system overhaul. Right now its very underused considering the depth of some of the features.  One thing I would like to see is heat related illness, like frostbite, heat stroke or sunburns. Right now we have this complicated temperature system that barely effects things. Right now Zomboid feels like a tech demo more so than a game because there are all of these rich and complex mechanics that don't really ever seem to amount to much.

The game as it stands is about fighting zombies in the initial infection, and the game even cheats behind the scenes to give the zombies advantages (Like spawning more zombies in) because if it didn't the game would loose all its challenge.  But things like first aid would be a serious concern that would add a whole level of challenge to the game, as you said infections are nothing to mess around with IRL and adding other injuries like bug bites, poison ivy, weather related effects like I said above, minor burns, sprains, etc would not only make the first aid skill worthwhile (because right now its almost meaningless) but also add another level of difficulty to the game that's more dynamic.

oh I very much like the idea of frostbite and sunburns! poison ivy I can see being interesting implemented while foraging. Sprains when your character trips or maybe isn't used to working out? There's a lot of possibilities.