This is irritating. D:

DoctahWong

Hey guys, now that i'm used to the tools. I am doing pretty well... except for one problem...

I don't know how to make the building's 2nd floor wall and roof disappear:

uHqBjC8.png

Anyone know how to prevent this?, i did 1_Walls, 2_Walls, 3_Walls, and 4_Walls. Didn't work. :(

Hey Doc, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like your building your buildings using the building editor.

You should build your buildings in BuildingEd, save them as lot files, then place those lot files on your map in WorldEd, then if you need to make some minor adjustments to the map itself after placing your buildings, those can be done in Tilezed.

If you then need to make any adjustments to the building(s) you can just open them back up in BuildingEd and then save, then in WorldEd, just re-generate the lots for the cell with the edited buildings in.

Edit: In your buildings above, any walls etc that are not disappearing when you untick the layer have probably been added to the wrong layer, just untick each layer one by one until the said walls/items disappear, then that is the layer you placed them on. If this is so then its a good example as to why to use BuildingEd, as when its used correctly it will place all walls/items etc on the correct layers and floors automatically.

Hey Doc, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like your building your buildings using the building editor.

You should build your buildings in BuildingEd, save them as lot files, then place those lot files on your map in WorldEd, then if you need to make some minor adjustments to the map itself after placing your buildings, those can be done in Tilezed.

If you then need to make any adjustments to the building(s) you can just open them back up in BuildingEd and then save, then in WorldEd, just re-generate the lots for the cell with the edited buildings in.

Edit: In your buildings above, any walls etc that are not disappearing when you untick the layer have probably been added to the wrong layer, just untick each layer one by one until the said walls/items disappear, then that is the layer you placed them on. If this is so then its a good example as to why to use BuildingEd, as when its used correctly it will place all walls/items etc on the correct layers and floors automatically.

I built the house in BuildingEd, but how do i make it a lot file?

I unticked every single one, which is strange how the 2nd floor walls don't go *poof*, since it is actually in the walls section. :/

EDIT: Fixed it, had to remove some of the layers then re-add them, i'll mark your post as solved since it can help some map makers with similar problems. :)

you just save the building when in buildingEd, it should save it as a tbx file. you then place that tbx file in the world using WorldEd. I would open the buildings above back up in BuildingEd and double check the rooms/items have been placed in the correct way (rooms/walls using the "draw room" feature etc).