NPCs or Multiplayer? What are you anticipating more?

Verun

NPCs or Multiplayer?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you anticipating more: NPCs or Multiplayer Mode?

• NPCs
    • Multiplayer Mode
    • I don't care

i don't know how to think, this thread just takes me back to the old forum and the occasional new member who would post when is multiplayer coming. Now it is here 

I don't understand. I didn't ask about when multiplayer comes. Actually I'm not really interested in multiplayer.

I really like the single player aspect so far. I'm not even sure I'll use NPCs when they are in. (There was a sole survivor option for sandbox iirc). I'm looking forward to things like cattle, nutrition, migration etc.

I look forward to them both, I think NPCs will be the most interesting, but MP will also be good. I just want to know how PvP will be handled, I've read a bit of discussion about it. Without PvP any player interaction will either be cooperative or neutral, which I think could be quite boring, likewise I wouldn't want it to be a DayZ-like kill-on-sight fest.

i don't know how to think, this thread just takes me back to the old forum and the occasional new member who would post when is multiplayer coming. Now it is here 

I don't understand. I didn't ask about when multiplayer comes. Actually I'm not really interested in multiplayer.

I really like the single player aspect so far. I'm not even sure I'll use NPCs when they are in. (There was a sole survivor option for sandbox iirc). I'm looking forward to things like cattle, nutrition, migration etc.

oh no i was saying it brought me back to then, now it finally ends. also i mean no matter how you word it this thread is kind of weird and some very stuck up people might dare say rude. anyways i wasn't directing offense at you i was just walking into a room and talking to myself

I look forward to them both, I think NPCs will be the most interesting, but MP will also be good. I just want to know how PvP will be handled, I've read a bit of discussion about it. Without PvP any player interaction will either be cooperative or neutral, which I think could be quite boring, likewise I wouldn't want it to be a DayZ-like kill-on-sight fest.

Mondoid Quotation, 3rd Feb 2014:

How will we deal with PvP and anti-griefing

PvP, as you can see from the videos above, is having its first tests, and it works pretty great! We have some solid ideas for once the NPCs go into the game, that if a multiplayer has them turned on (and we hope they most often will be) the existence of NPCs, the initial ambiguity between human and AI, as well as having to deal with the NPCs reactions and personalities, will help curb griefing to the point where PvP could almost always be left on and unrestricted. However as we’ve stated, the default for the server will be co-op, and PvP will be something a server admin needs to activate. This is as much a statement about co-operation as it is a practical choice. As we develop the system further we have plans for a ‘safety’ button to avoid accidental friendly fire, which is all too possible in the current build, as you may see from the videos!

---

There are also some MP videos with PvP action from streams, which you could check out :)

I don't care for either.

Multiplayer while woo, the way its going to work is well not fitting for me, I have no friends with this game to play it with, and public servers with this game sounds awful.

Now for NPC's I literally can't wrap my mind around them being as great as they are hyped up to be, All confidence they will make em great, but I lose the enjoyment when I find them randomly running around doing illogical things, and while that was the old NPC's which were D-bags, I don't know.

The 3D engine I care more for, or further optimizations.

old forum and the occasional new member who would post when is multiplayer coming

When you say old fourm and new members, i just renember how harsh the forum was back then, like most people would tear the new member a new one because he was asking about MP.

Sorry, when did you say multiplayer was going to be released?

:P

NPC's by a country mile.

Also want to see a horde!!!! I became a PZ player a little late (got the steam version upon release) and so am eagerly awaiting a time when safehouses are tested and hordes bring the uncertainty and anxiety of my first few playthroughs back into the game.

Also want to see a horde!!!! I became a PZ player a little late (got the steam version upon release) and so am eagerly awaiting a time when safehouses are tested and hordes bring the uncertainty and anxiety of my first few playthroughs back into the game.

I am confused. You don't get hordes in your game?

I don't either. 1 Month and some days in, and 0 hordes.

I don't either. 1 Month and some days in, and 0 hordes.

How do you define a horde?

personnally im sick and tired of earing  about npc or mp. Now when i see those tread i feel an uneasy feeling of acharnement against the devs. LET IT GO guys. lets talk about something else. ur safehouse?, how long u survive ? you found any cool trick? anyway thats just my personnal opinion but seing 3-5 new tread and often with the same people repeating the same thing  piss me.

(clyde)CHeers  (clyde)