NPCs or Multiplayer? What are you anticipating more?

Verun

NPCs or Multiplayer?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you anticipating more: NPCs or Multiplayer Mode?

• NPCs
    • Multiplayer Mode
    • I don't care

For me? NPC's, by far. 

Just like the ambient sound-effects and the meta-events did, NPC's will bring a whole new level of life to the game. I want to be walking down the street, to find a barricaded house and a bunch of dead zombies outside. What will I choose to do next? Will I approach the house in hopes to find a group to survive with? Will they attack me? What if they're friendly but one of the survivors is infected? What if I wake up one morning and all my supplies have been taken? 

That's the beauty that NPC's offer, and I can't fucking wait for it.

Edited by kirrus
Not being lovely. Be lovely please.

My friend and I have been playing our own little fake-MP for months now (play at the same time pretending as though we're in the same place) so I'm DEFINITELY most excited for real multiplayer

We're going to get up to so much in the way of hijinks.

From the start I was led to believe that NPC's would be in before multiplayer  (wish I could quote, but too lazy and too non-caring, if someone is mad about it, post em) and I don't have time to play multiplayer games as they take a huge chunk of my life, plus a good story any day, so NPC's would be my anticipation. 

From the start I was led to believe that NPC's would be in before multiplayer  (wish I could quote, but too lazy and too non-caring, if someone is mad about it, post em) and I don't have time to play multiplayer games as they take a huge chunk of my life, plus a good story any day, so NPC's would be my anticipation. 

Really depends on how you look at it -- a goal of the now defunct RC3 was to have NPCs in, if I remember correctly -- it didn't work out. But, no mention of multiplayer was made at that time, so any inference as to whether NPCs were to be in before multiplayer has to be made implicitly.

It's likely the same for most old posts, depending on the age and whether they were made during the time that NPCs were still in the game or not.

I would imagine AI is going to be one of the harder aspects of the game to implement. It's a really ambitious approach that could seat PZ all in a league of its own and they'll probably have an interesting time getting it to run with a perfect balance and weeding out any unexpected or inappropriate behavior by the AI director.

I don't think I'd mind if some features are fleshed out, or new items, or even portions of map come out before AI as long as the NPCs really bring an extra level of depth to the game, and more consideration to how you play it.

Well I'd like to have NPC's first since multiplayer is still far from being complete gameplay-wise.

Think about the lack of an aiming system to shoot against other people. Or hunting. Or factions... It'd be too barebones to be enjoyables atm. I'd like the single player aspect to be more fleshed out before having the possibility to enjoy it with other people (which is only a plus).

Well I'd like to have NPC's first since multiplayer is still far from being complete gameplay-wise.

Think about the lack of an aiming system to shoot against other people. Or hunting. Or factions... It'd be too barebones to be enjoyables atm. I'd like the single player aspect to be more fleshed out before having the possibility to enjoy it with other people (which is only a plus).

Actually that is what they said back then.

They wanted to flesh out SP first and make the addition of MP.

But right now the game kinda has way more content than before.

Actually that is what they said back then.

They wanted to flesh out SP first and make the addition of MP.

But right now the game kinda has way more content than before.

That is why I was so surprised when I read "Multiplayer" in news and development section of the website. Surprised in a good way of course. I actually thought they wouldn't implement multiplayer at all. 

I've always considered NPCs to be the more important option since they'd drastically change how the game is played. Multiplayer would pretty much be the same game as it is now except you can play it with friends. As far as I'm concerned, NPCs are definitely the better option and I would have loved to see them in first.