Project Zomboid Server QoL Improvements

Jack Bower

Hello Indiestone, it is I. Jack Bauer back once again to post a bunch of suggestions to help the RP community flourish. I've been playing across most of the top RP servers over the last 3 months and have been active in their discords. I wanted to post about a few problems / suggestions that could help these servers prosper.

Logic Gates - These are common in a lot of games, we can tie it to the electrical skill. Provide a use for all the electronic scraps people get for disassembling watches. Creating electrical circuits can also provide electrical xp. So people stop disassembling 10k watches/Radios/Televsion Sets. This can also open up options in the future for electrical devices. (Security Cameras, Electronic gates / doors, perimeter alarm.) That is without even mentioning what some of the more intelligent people in this community can do with logic gates.

Vehicles and V levels - This is the future. The thousands of things that could come from allowing your vehicle to pass from one elevation to another. We don't care if it is buggy, The players will find a way to make it work.

Give me a big beautiful ramp that can be made with carpentry/Metal working. 

Interesting ways to disable vehicles. - Currently, the best way to mess with someone, is to install 15% brakes on their vehicle so they have problems stopping. I'd like if vehicle sabotage was given more mechanical support. Especially in the form of cutting the brake lines on a vehicle or slashing tires with a bladed weapon.

Noise Traps - Currently only broken glass seems to work for this. I'd love it if we could add more of these.

List of random problems I have encountered on roleplay servers.

Weather / Time 

I've heard mods complain they don't have enough control over the server clock / weather. Given plenty of servers are running the Cyrogenic mod, people could benefit from perhaps a biome setting on server creation? Can choose between different weather types? IE : Desert is really hot in the day, cold in the night not much rain. This would be for when people play on custom maps in different regions, or want to simulate the nuclear winter Kentucky experience. In the same way, I feel it would be nice if we could set the IG date in server options. For those who want a 1000 BC privative wooden spear experience. 

Disassembly 

We have had a massive problem stretching across several of the larger RP communities where individuals who are grinding skills disassemble half the world. Resulting in the server having to wipe or reset. Having more reasonable / renewable ways to grind skills would do a lot to alleviate this problem. 

Vehicle Mechanics & Engine Parts

Vehicles and engine parts - We have a problem where a few people only remove the engine parts from vehicles which results in a server of car skeletons with no reasonable way to restore them. Either making it so car engines are harder to scrap to 0% or perhaps add an alternative way to gain engine parts through crafting?

Too hard to adjust food / Firearm / Specific Object Spawn rates.
A lot of people in the PZ community have logged hundreds of hours and they've gotten pretty good at the game. A lot of the servers have had similar problems.
Food is way too easy to get, that is without mentioning foraging and fishing. A server option to specifically target a few categories of items would be good. For example, a server with preserved food set to low or scarce while also setting firearms to non-existent would save server mod developers a lot of time.

Edited by Jack Bower