Can't work out why my cure mod makes my game not load...

bassair

I decided to make a mod for curing zombification. The idea is that it's not a quick fix, but you have to assemble parts from all over (rarity to be tweaked) and combine them to make the cure, which is a one-shot, so then you have to start all over again if you get infected once more.

I did the scripting file first, followed by the .luas, following instructions from topics I found on the forum, but when I put it in (I put TheCure folder into media\lua) my game simply won't load.

I tried removing sections of it (took out the .luas, leaving them in in several combinations and simply taking them out all together, and it still doesn't load. Removed the scripting part, still won't load etc) but it still fails to load with my mod in.

I'm trying to learn as I go, but this has me stumped since I thought at least the scripting part was right (I even tried taking out certain sections of the scripting to see if that was the problem). 

Can anyone give me an idea as to what I'm doing wrong, please?  :rolleyes:

ETA: When I take TheCure folder out, my game loads fine as it should :3

TheCure.zip

@turbotutone Thank you for trying, regardless!

@stormy I was copying what I've seen on other mods. Those mods run. It wasn't just free text earlier (idk why I saved it like that) it was in stars/slashes/something similar. I'll try without the free text once I'm on the laptop again (posting from iPad, ha).

ETA: Whoops almost missed your second question: the console loads, then the launcher. I hit run game like always and then the zomboid window appears. The console does nothing, the window is black then says 'not responding'. If I leave it, it simply shuts itself.

ETA again: I took the free text out and it did nothing. The game still doesn't load with my mod in there.

I've narrowed it down

• It'll load if it's just the .info file, poster and readme
  • As soon as I add the scripting .txt file, it doesn't load. 

Fixed it: There was a } missing from the end of my scripting file. I'm new to this. And apparently very dumb.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by bassair