Ror's Custom Items

v1.0.1

Now with more Molotov cowbell!

Download link

Changelog:

Spoiler

V1.0.1(12-02-2014)

Molotov cocktails crafted now have 50% longer throw range

Torch with much higher brightness, longer range, and half the weight (1 instead of 2), but only half the battery life!

V1.0.0 (10-02-2014)
Molotov cocktail now be crafted. Please check the PZ Wiki for the recipe, or use the CraftHelper mod.

Installation Instructions:

Spoiler

1) download and unzip the file from link above

2) place the folder inside the .zip file into your User/UserName/Zomboid/mods/ folder

3) select Ror's Custom Items from the Mods menu in Project Zomboid

4) Exit PZ and restart again

5) Start new game, craft Molotov cocktails, and flambé those zombies until they're crispy!

To uninstall:

1) deselect Ror's Custom Items from the Mods menu

2) exit the game

3) remove mod folder from the User/UserName/Zomboid/mods/ folder

4) the savegames you played using my mod should revert to using the default PZ items

Notes:

Spoiler

This is just a silly mod that I made because I wanted to understand the modloader a bit better, I didn't see it anywhere else in my travels on the forum, and also because I wanted to be able to tweak stuff and add items into the game that I've wanted to play with for a while (... namely the Molotov cocktail!).

I thought it would be nice to share what I've done with others, too.

Stating the bleeding obvious:

Spoiler
  1. Please don't use this on a world you value, until you've tried out on one you don't! It does work, I've tried it out myself, but this is just my way of saying that I am not responsible for ruining your saved worlds if your precious savegame goes toes-up for any reason... (that said, if you run into any issues with this mod, please let me know)
  2. I'm also not responsible if you burn down your safehouse, but that ought to go without saying!
  3. Obviously the molotov will be in the vanilla game soon enough, at which point this bit won't be needed. However, I just made this for myself as my first foray into PZ modding.

Next steps:

Spoiler

Depending on interest, or otherwise, I may add other features to it as they come along.
If you think of anything you're interested regarding adding to or tweaking of current in-game items or recipes, please let me know.

Thanks go to:

Spoiler

RobertJohnson for his post/tutorial on the modloader and how to play around with it.

Coming soon (maybe...)

Sawn-Off Shotguns with extra BANG!

Noise travels much further - for when you absolutely, positively have to aggro every deadhead within 500 squares of you!

Edit: 2014-02-12

Yum, playing with fire! Also looking forward to the extra deadly sawed offs. Maybe someone could make a double barreled variant that kills them AND knocks them back several feet too? :D

Or how about we really get original, and somehow craft incendiary shells for our shotguns :D Now that would be a gorgeous thing to see.

Yum, playing with fire! Also looking forward to the extra deadly sawed offs. Maybe someone could make a double barreled variant that kills them AND knocks them back several feet too? :D

Or how about we really get original, and somehow craft incendiary shells for our shotguns :D Now that would be a gorgeous thing to see.

I can certainly tweak the shotgun to boost the knockback effect, but I'm not sure if you'll see much knockback if I give it added power too, they'll probably just get shredded!

How about much more knockback, *slightly* higher damage and range but a lower projectile count (3 instead of 5)? This will simulate the shotgun slug rounds that SWAT teams use somewhat.

I can see how to make it more 'funky', so I'll play with some settings and maybe make an update tomorrow.

Thanks for the Dragon's breath round link, Viceroy - it was very interesting, I'd never heard of them before. I don't know how it would be possible to put this in-game right now, but maybe in future someone will!