Vitamins as Malnutrition Remedy vs Stimulant

Bullet_Magnate

Right now, as I understand it, vitamins in the game don't serve a purpose other than to temporarily remedy fatigue.  Think I read somewhere that malnutrition is or will be included in the food / hunger system.  It seems to me vitamin supplements would be far more valuable to prevent malnutrition due to limited availability of food.  I'm also kinda skeptical as to whether typical over the counter multivitamin supplements have any noticeable effect as a short-term stimulant.  

Makes sense. 5 hour energy drinks are still more than a decade away.

Maybe have vitamins be replaced by caffeine tablets, or the bennies truckers like so much. Of course, in that case, they should be rarer than vitamins, and maybe make em stronger than coffee.

From what it looks like based on the way the game is set up, nutrition consists of calories, protein and fat, and although some have these values listed, I don't think they're fully implemented as if yet.

Maybe taking vitamins prior to food will increase nutrition intake provided by the food. As in, useless on their own, but when consumed in conjunction with food, it'll increase the positive benefits of food, or maybe have the character stay full longer(including strength bonuses from being full), and take longer to reach the state of hunger.

Something like that, instead of the usual consume them for a specific stat increase, have them instead improve the effectiveness of other items. I think that could add a little more variety to gameplay.

Just my thoughts.