41.72 UNSTABLE released

Batsphinx

It seems like, despite the patch notes stating the oppsosite, that the worked on areas for the final B41 updates might have slipped into this patch.

I can't confirm myself as I have not yet tried the new beta branch but according to the Reddit post below they are already included. There are also videos on YouTube showing people walking trough those towns:

If that really turns out to be true I hope they will be removed before releasing the update to the stable branch.

47 minutes ago, Nukaboy said:

It seems like, despite the patch notes stating the oppsosite, that the worked on areas for the final B41 updates might have slipped into this patch.

I can't confirm myself as I have not yet tried the new beta branch but according to the Reddit post below they are already included. There are also videos on YouTube showing people walking trough those towns:

If that really turns out to be true I hope they will be removed before releasing the update to the stable branch.

They're not done, but they were also put in intentionally. 

28 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

They're not done, but they were also put in intentionally. 

Oh okey.. Will they be fully fleshed out once B41.72 goes to the stable branch?

I don't like the idea of having two empty towns on my mp server that have no zombie spawns (except indoor zombies), no foraging zones and miss most of their buildings.
I'm totally looking forward to more vanilla map expansions but personally would've preferred to get them as a surprise in the final B41 patch. That would've been dope!

I'd rather have no new map areas then unfinished ones. Sorry if this comes off as harsh. Still love what you are doing and looking forward to the future of pz! :)

Edit: Also thanks for the fast answer!

Edited by Nukaboy

7 hours ago, Nukaboy said:

Wait, so there's really no zed spawns AT ALL around the Ranger Station or the "Abandoned Factory Town" just West of it? That explains why I could use my gun around that area without issue; I thought they had adjusted the noise of it in the Noisework updates, but it was still a dinner bell everywhere else. Now I know why...

4 hours ago, Faceless_creation said:

Someone please tell me how to sit in a chair. I tried right clicking all over to no avail. 

By "sitting in a chair" I'm sure the changelog was referencing the "rest" option. The animations have not been implemented yet.

8 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Anyone else unable to consolidate Propane Torches? Used to add them up all the time and now I can't do it. Can still do it with wire and welding rods, tho.

This isn't new to 41.72, it was like that in 41.71 as well - I think it's intentional.

It appears to be set by: cantBeConsolided = TRUE in  \media\scripts\newitems.txt (line 3985).

Some of the new maggots don't appear to be despawning.  Should Base.Maggots2 have been included on default despawn list?

--

Edit: I used a mod to edit my Sandbox settings mid game, added Base.Maggots2 to the list and that resolved the problem.

Edited by Hugo Qwerty
More info

On 7/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, Blake81 said:

Wait, so there's really no zed spawns AT ALL around the Ranger Station or the "Abandoned Factory Town" just West of it? That explains why I could use my gun around that area without issue; I thought they had adjusted the noise of it in the Noisework updates, but it was still a dinner bell everywhere else. Now I know why...

No. In the new towns added even further west of those places. They are clearly not finished yet missing buildings, proper connection to the main map (one of them), zombie spawns and foraging zones.

I'm really pumped for map expansions and all that but I hope they'll finish them before putting 41.72 on the stable branch 

I must protest the design decision that pressing E while driving will STOP your car and get you out. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally pressed E and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the IGUI_PlayerText_CanNotExitFromMovingCar message. Because phew, who would want to accidentally jump out of their car while being chased by zombies? I had a character die because I was trying to slowly pull zombies away with a "parade" and my character just slammed on the brakes and got out while I was trying to steer. Normally I would see "you cannot exit while the car is moving" and realize that I pressed E accidentally.

I'm never going to be in an emergency and press E to both stop my car and get out. I have S and Spacebar if I want to stop the car. E is for getting out.

For situations where a user is in motion while trying to exit, and the game can't decide which action is appropriate, instead of choosing the most dangerous action ("stop the car and get out") the game should choose the safe option - keeping the car in motion - and throw an error like IGUI_PlayerText_CanNotExitFromMovingCar. This behavior did not need to change.

He killed one zombie in the house, took food and weapons out of the house and left, closing the door behind him. About a day later, I returned to this house to pick up the refrigerator. And I found the same zombie that I had already killed, only on my feet again.
It was definitely the same house and the same zombie. He was definitely killed by me once already.
On the street, such cases are not noticeable, there are hundreds of zombies killed there. And if one of them gets up, it will be unnoticeable. 
And how often can zombies that I have already killed come to life again? 1/100? 1/1000?
I play on 41.72 without mods. I haven't noticed this before.

• nasKo unpinned this topic

Hi! Maybe that question out of place and should be asked on GOG (i am sorry if that so) but what a policy or plans for updating GOG version of the game? I mean its 41.73 unstable going live soon and GOG version is still 41.71 :(

Edited by Helldvan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 12:49 PM, Batsphinx said:

- Added list of mods in Pause menu + this list show mods that cause errors

Where can I find the Pause menu or the mods list that shows which one caused errors?

15 hours ago, mlem86 said:

Where can I find the Pause menu or the mods list that shows which one caused errors?

When in game, press "Esc" and in the right-bottom corner you should see "Mods" button. Should be the one you're looking for.