Domain name resolution in the Server Browser

Bambino

Domain name resolution has been brought up in the past, but I am going to bring it up again. Players can save the domain name in their favorites, but they get the "server is not responding" message giving them a false red flag. Of course, they can join just fine assuming the server is up & running. 

The main benefit of this is server branding. For obvious reasons this is huge. However, there are the benefits of readability for players and, of course, server owners that have dynamic IP addresses. 

From what I understand, other Steam games can use domain names in their server browsers, but by what means? I have not done the research. I could see vulgar domain names being used, but that could be addressed in the same manner server names are moderated. I assume they are most likely moderated via automated blacklist.

Please consider domain resolution for the server browser favorites list. It currently gives the wrong indication to players joining a given server. Something as useful as this would not be requested very often, but then that is due to the small minority of players that admin/own servers.

Edited by Bambino