Favourite perks & profession?

Morbo513

So, what are your favourite perks and proession?

Mine's got to be Construction Worker (Handy & Thick skinned), with Athletic & Strong. To make up for the perks I choose light drinker, hard of hearing, brooding, short tempered and hearty appetite. Honestly those drawbacks are easy to make up for and are far outweighed by the perks. Thick skinned came in handy just now, I tripped an alarm and made the mistake of hanging around, ended up fighting more zombies than I anticipated and took some damage, but made it out without getting properly bitten or scratched

I play currently with Police Officer and Strong, Athletic and Graceful versus Light Drinker, Unlucky, Cowardly, Short Tempered, Brooding, Heartly Appentite.

I like the Unlucky-trait, because it make the loot rarer and I like searching for some rare items a long time. Negative effect is of course to be scratched and bitten often, but even witch Construction Worker I got bad reallife luck to get bitten at the first moment :( . The clou is not to get scratched/bitten ;) .

Edit: But even with unlucky-trait and sandbox extremly rare-option i found rare items sometime very early in a game. It's harder to find the right skill books, if you need them.

@Eliijahh: Maybe i should try it to play with unemployed and no traits :)

In my most recent playthrough I used the perks I said in the OP, and I've found 3 baseball bats, 2 fireaxes, 3 hammers, about 80 9mm rounds, 48 shotgun shells, the pistol and shotgun themselves and a load of other useful items all within the first 2 in-game days, from about 10 different houses (I found some of the 9mm round in a bin in the school, what were they doing there?!).

I'm not sure if, and if so how, the Lucky perk actually affects loot rolls.

I used to use Strong and Lucky countered by Hard of Hearing, Light Drinker, Brooding, Short Temper. I think that adds up, might have missed a negative trait.

I stopped using traits recently to challenge myself though. Strong is probably the hardest trait to go without.

Btw, as a test I turned loot rarity up to abundant, AND got the lucky trait... Every container is literally LOADED. First container I opened had something like 3 baseball bats, 2 normal hiking bags, a big hiking bag, 3 sheets, tons of clothes, sleeping pills... I can't remember everything that was in it. It was pretty ridonk. Still died within a couple days because I set the zombies to insane.

Out of curiosity, are there any other profession mods out there?  Being the EMS nerd that I am, I would love for there to be an EMT/Paramedic profession (especially since PD and FD got to be in....they always get all the love).

Oh sweet, I like the thought of being a doctor. Especially when MP kicks in.

It's always nice when you can seperate roles in a group of survivors. You know, one dude is the doctor, one dude is cook and farmer and some dudes go on lootruns because they're strong and fearless.

• 3 weeks later...

Strong, lucky and light eater. Balanced with brooding, short tempered, light drinker, and overweight. I know one of these days overweight will screw me but it hasn't yet. And construction worker. Thick skinned+lucky mean you rarely get hit. And yes, abundant loot+lucky mean a straight up ridiculous amount of loot everywhere.

park ranger, athletic, light drinker, quick to anger.

I'd love more professions, since they seem to be quite easy to implement (along with the starting kits, that would be very nice).

Also, does anyone but me thinks that Construction Worker is a bit too powerful? it's the only profession that grants you 2 perks, basically :P (I'd remove thick skinned honestly)

I enjoy being a cop and calling myself Burt Macklin. I usually add agoraphobic, light drinker, and strong. I like to imagine that Burt is only afraid of the outside because of the unfamiliar surroundings and death that could happen at any moment.

Edit: I occasionally add quick to anger.

I played a hypochondriac heavy eater build recently. No problem with hypochondriac, but my fingers were on the wrong spot and a crawler got a sudden scratch.

Pain moodle. Oh crap.

Ran to the bolt hole, ate a lot. Could barely maintain slightly fed because of the hearty appetite. Anxiety. Smoked a couple cigs, then walked carefully back to the fort. Got queasy on the way. Uh oh. 

Unloaded most of my gear at the fort, and ate a ton. Everything I could find. Three hot cuppas. Eating pain pills like candy.

Very sick now.

Its the third day of the illness.  Popped a bunch more pain pills, filled up to well fed again.  Anxiety hit, made a coffee. 

Injured moodle appears. Health dropping rapidly.  Walk outside into the sunlight, prepare for zombification. Health drops to 60, 40, 30%.  

Sick moodle vanishes.

ate a bunch. Smoked and had another cuppa. Popped a sleeping tab and went to bed.

Pain goes away overnight.

All healthy again.

Wow. Hypochondriac is easily my new favorite trait. I was lucky to survive this one, for no other reason than its my best character so far. Master builder, cook, and farmer, level 3 blunt and aiming, with level 2 of all agility skills-- a pretty solid mid game character!