Can Zombies Hear You Reading???

fcolley3

I was recently looting and in an upstairs bedroom when I heard an alarm go off. I know that zoms are very keen at hearing and when in this kind of situation, I stop what I'm doing and quickly find a situation where I can't be seen  through a window, sit on the ground and wait for a while. I don't walk around, move things through inventory, and I try and make no noise at all. After a bit however, I start getting bored and am forced  to open the inventory and find a book. I can hear my survivor thumbing over the words and turning pages. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the zombies can hear you reading. 

They can't hear you reading or moving items around or anything. They can't hear you eating, drinking, using a faucet, opening a window/door. Not even sure they can hear a washer or dryer. All I know that they hear:

Jogging/sprinting

Breaking glass/interacting with broken glass
Cars

Guns

Unhanded or weapon swings

9 minutes ago, Modin said:

They can't hear you reading or moving items around or anything. They can't hear you eating, drinking, using a faucet, opening a window/door. Not even sure they can hear a washer or dryer. All I know that they hear:

Jogging/sprinting

Breaking glass/interacting with broken glass
Cars

Guns

Unhanded or weapon swings

Not 100% on this, but I don't think they even hear you walking on broken glass...

Unless that was recently fixed.

No what generally happens is - the game loads you as center of the universe. 

So when Zombies move around you have to keep in mind you are generally the center.

If they end up hitting any destructible surface as they are pathing around they will start hitting it for a bit. 

Previously it was much worse where they will always keep hitting it until it breaks - now they changed it a little at least where they get bored after like 30s and may leave. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived