You, firefighter gear, and the burnenating.

I lost too many survivors to my own camp fire. Once in a blue moon, the character stops burning, and survives. The rest of the time they roast to ashes...

Until the fire reworking by Yuri comes back into development, it'd be cool if wearing full firefighter gear protects the player from catching fire. Just have it take a longer exposure time to ignite, or have standing in a fire with the gear damages it over time to a point it no longer protects the wearer(living or dead) from oxidizing.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if you can use water containers or extinguishers on them selves? I'm loath to try, for obvious reasons. Maybe they do this automatically, and my large amount of fire deaths were characters with empty water bottles? The only logical explanation I could think of why so few survived, and so many more did not.

23 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

So long as you have a water source (like a cup of water) or a fire extinguisher in your inventory, yes. 

If only I'd have known that. Next time I find myself walking through a fire, I'll take a moment and hit the pause button that has helped me plot my way through other hairy situations.

I can't remember how the game handles it, but if I'm standing on top of a fire pit when I kight it, does my character walk to the edge of the fire before lighting it, or does he light his own fire, so to speak.