Books have more traits/ moodle functions

OxManZomboid

I think books should have names that are somewhat randomized to keep things interesting, and my suggestion here is to have different books have special moodles and traits associated with them.

some examples would be:

Inspired : (gives the players next creation extra health/ damage value)

Adventurous: makes players move a bit faster and gain happiness from exploring.

hopeful: gives player increased bosuses to their mental health for a few days/ hours.

inquisitive: increases bonuses for skill gain when reading books and crafting things.

horrified: basically makes them panic for a few hours.

And many more if they fit the game.

overall I hope We get some more interesting bonuses to reading things that change up the gameplay from time to time.

apply all of this to movies also!

On the topic of randomness, I like a healthy amount of it, but I find some games overdo it and end up bland as a result.

An example is Rimworld. This game is ripe with randomness, almost everything is random. Particularly, sculptures and their descriptions. It can end up as something funny, but most of the time it's just uninteresting auto-generated garbage, and the more you play, the more uninteresting it becomes, as you get used to the randomness.

So imo if they add named books, the names should be made by humans, with intent. Auto-generated names would end up feeling bland or out of place to me.

I really like this idea.  Imagine gaining some temporary (or long term) buff to panic.  So lets say you watch a horror movie on VHS and it makes you panic and/or sleep poorly.  Let's say you keep it up and eventually you get a brave/desensitized buff for a while after watching X amount.

A 'horror movie buff' buff, if you will.  This idea has so much room for activities.