Jump to content
Profeta

[41.71] [Singleplayer] Dropped helmets that disappear

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I just experienced an event, going to loot in another city I found a road closed by two police cars and four policemen, I kill them and leave the useful things dropped on the ground so that they can pick them up on the way back, including pistols, shotguns, helmets and bulletproof vests. It turns out that after two days in the game, I went back along the same road to pick up the loot and I realized that the helmets weren't there, they had disappeared (at all this I checked my entire truck to see if I hadn't already picked them up, but no), only weapons and bulletproof vests were found.

 

I did something quite strange since the objects do not usually disappear from the ground (the game is in sandbox but remember I did not modify anything about the objects that are on the ground disappearing). To all this I remember that in a house near my refuge he had killed other policemen who were wearing police motorcycle helmets, so I went back there to verify if they had disappeared or not and it turns out that they also disappeared.

I don't know if this is a bug in my game or someone else has already happened to it, I currently have some mods in use but none that modify the game's clothing, I remember only one that adds a sling for weapons.

 

For now I only noticed it with police motorcycle helmets and riot helmets, I don't know if it happens or it happened with some other object since at this point in the game I usually drop several things on the ground but I don't think I've ever had a problem like this.

 

ps: there may be spelling errors, I'm translating from google translate hehe. Greetings from Argentina ;) and I hope you can give me a hand to clarify this issue.

 

ps2:

- 41.71

- Singleplayer

- I have mods

- It happened in an already created game, I don't remember if it was in version 41.69 or 41.71

- kill a zombie with a helmet
throw his helmet on the ground
go somewhere else far away for +48 hours
go back to the zombie and the helmet on the ground disappeared

logs.zip

 

ps3:

I just tried this error in debug mode.
I first did the test in a new world with the mods I have, it turns out that the problem with the helmets is still present. then I did the test without the mods in another new world, again the helmets disappear again when I walk away for about 48 hours.

Edited by Profeta
ps2 and new title - new tests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think headgear and certain other items(glasses, I think) dropped by zeds, under the default game modes, are set to.despawn after a day or two, if I understand the mechanic right. Can be turned off in sandbox, or redefine which objects despawn. I figure it's a feature added to help reduce save file size bloat.

 

And based on Pandoras question, I'm going to assume the despawn does not apply.

 

Apologies if I got any of that wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I think headgear and certain other items(glasses, I think) dropped by zeds, under the default game modes, are set to.despawn after a day or two, if I understand the mechanic right. Can be turned off in sandbox, or redefine which objects despawn. I figure it's a feature added to help reduce save file size bloat.

 

And based on Pandoras question, I'm going to assume the despawn does not apply.

 

Apologies if I got any of that wrong.

 

You are right that some items are set to despawn after some amount of time. Helmets (usually) are not a part of that list, only glasses, baseball hats etc that zeds drop are. So for helmet to disappear when it has been dropped or placed requires different tests on our side ;) (hope this makes sense)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

 

You are right that some items are set to despawn after some amount of time. Helmets (usually) are not a part of that list, only glasses, baseball hats etc that zeds drop are. So for helmet to disappear when it has been dropped or placed requires different tests on our side ;) (hope this makes sense)

Indeed it does.

 

But you can define other items you want on, or off that list in sandbox, can you not? Or is that feature incomplete at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

 

You are right that some items are set to despawn after some amount of time. Helmets (usually) are not a part of that list, only glasses, baseball hats etc that zeds drop are. So for helmet to disappear when it has been dropped or placed requires different tests on our side ;) (hope this makes sense)


For info,  I think helmets do despawn, and so do boots last time I checked  (I now edit the list in the Sandbox - after I lost a police vest to despawn).

 

The list in the sandbox default includes "Base.Hat" but there are several hats that despawn, so I think the code is checking for any item that contains "Base.Hat" - which will include helmets as they have names like "Base.Hat_CrashHelmet".

The same happens with shoes - "Base.Shoes" appears in the name of boots, e.g. Base.Shoes_ArmyBoots.


The police vest I lost would have been "Base.Vest_BulletPolice", which matches "Base.Vest" in the sandbox list.

I've also seen this happen to someone else on stream, they killed a couple of boxer zombies, went looking for a couple of mannequins to display the items and by the time they came back half of the items had gone, e.g. Base.Hat_BoxingRed.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Hugo Qwerty said:


For info,  I think helmets do despawn, and so do boots last time I checked  (I now edit the list in the Sandbox - after I lost a police vest to despawn).

 

The list in the sandbox default includes "Base.Hat" but there are several hats that despawn, so I think the code is checking for any item that contains "Base.Hat" - which will include helmets as they have names like "Base.Hat_CrashHelmet".

The same happens with shoes - "Base.Shoes" appears in the name of boots, e.g. Base.Shoes_ArmyBoots.


The police vest I lost would have been "Base.Vest_BulletPolice", which matches "Base.Vest" in the sandbox list.

I've also seen this happen to someone else on stream, they killed a couple of boxer zombies, went looking for a couple of mannequins to display the items and by the time they came back half of the items had gone, e.g. Base.Hat_BoxingRed.
 

 

I know that ;) that's why I'm asking if items have been "placed" or "dropped"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...