"Rebuild" announcement

Jela331

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

City's progressing very well, I've made about 5 apartment blocks and a couple of other buildings the past 9 days. Currently 3 cells are finished and a city cell is almost complete and another cell in works.  I'd say Drayton(city itself) is about 20-25% done.

c5503c2de1cdde0a1ad19f79e6389fdf.png 

I plan to release an alpha version soon, download link will be posted here, so stay tuned.

Also, I call dibs on this spot.

68448b56240889c7701180d8d9114fc1.png

Not an actual map screenshot, that's where I'll connect the map with the vanilla map. NOBODY better steal it.

Also,

c7b5bba3b92e6ffa8381bca55f26c23b.png

nobody is coming to help you.

Back with some map news. The map is progressing very well and pretty fast.

Here's a picture of the current map:

xbrfqr67dr1lzi3zg.jpg

Also a screenshot of the downtown:

81555ce1ff0b89eb0a29c04cc1144fd6.png

I have also set an ETA, which is my birthday, 23rd March. The beta will come out late February and the full version, as I mentioned before, 23rd March.

That's it for now, I better go back working on it.

While we all wait for the Project Zomboid mondoid, here's the map mondoid!

[Overview of Drayton's Hospital]

522e4497296f8ce9cb026597efb2cca3.png

[The children section of the hospital]

f549e1d0d0e2a864ef6f1b3713505942.png

The military had to put the hospital under a quarantine when the outbreak happened. You can see that people weren't very happy about it judging from the roof.

The hospital is 80% finished, I had to add an extra 1gb of RAM to my lagtop so I wouldn't crash when trying to make it in BuildingEd.

Tip: You'll need a sledgehammer to break in through the gate, but not to worry. Lotsa supplies the military left await you, if you don't die by the undead waiting for you there too.

New apartment blocks have been added and a couple of other special buildings and stores came along too in the past week.

That's it for now, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the map once it's out.

I forgot to make a mondoid, sorry, but here's tuesdoid! Hooray?

Anyways.

[The Map 10/2/2015]

mw07oaw127i3brezg.jpg

That's the entire map stitched together today.

I haven't been very productive with the map in the past few days(Because PZ Multiplayer is so goddamn fun). I only did some detailing and stuff and furnituring lately.

This week a few apartment blocks and an office building came to Drayton. Hospital's pretty much finished. A new cell opened, might put a market place in the new cell.

Short mond-...tuesdoid this week, I'll try to get stuff done, I still have an apartment block to finish.

Cya for now.

Something's wrong. The map won't even start up when I try to load it, it's just stuck on loading the erosion.tiles file.

I'm trying to solve it, but it'd be great if anyone here had any idea how to fix it.

Sorry for no update this week, but if I don't manage to fix this, I might aswell abandon this project.

It would be great if anyone would test and see if it runs.

[Now fixed]

The map got fixed thanks to EasyPickins for finding the cause. I tested it a bit ago, it's pretty great. Room definitions seem to work nicely, I got bit by a zombie in a Day Care Center, went to the hospital, saw a shitload of zombies, panicked, ran on top of the hospital and jumped off.

The map got fixed thanks to EasyPickins for finding the cause. I tested it a bit ago, it's pretty great. Room definitions seem to work nicely, I got bit by a zombie in a Day Care Center, went to the hospital, saw a shitload of zombies, panicked, ran on top of the hospital and jumped off.

Least you didn't need to pay for the medical bill.

Well, that's the positive side of it.

Also, one of my map cells is named by you hehe.

Cool I guess :D

Well, that's the positive side of it.

Also, one of my map cells is named by you hehe.

Mondoid!

I'm giving out the alpha version, please test it out and report bugs.

The spawn map isn't finished, so you have to set zombie spawn as Uniform in Sandbox.

Alright? Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?8t5qivyvigki8qc

You'll spawn in a Tool Store with reinforced windows, hooray, you're kinda safe!

There are 12 cells, 8 finished, 4 WIP. All the buildings in the map currently are finished btw, I just gotta finish the city by adding more buildings.

That's it for this Mondoid, let me know if you find any pesky bugs so I can fix them.

Hi, I'm the guy who posted on reddit the "I took a peek into Bredford City..." post. There you suggested me to try your map. I have to say this is the best post-collapse recreation i've seen for this game, I mean, the military details (I am impressed with the outside of the hospital military camp), the burned buildings, the sandbag trenches, the texts on the walls like "there is no cure", etc. I like also the oppressive atmosphere narrow alleys give, and the overall decay aspect of the downtown (dirt on the buildings, etc..)

Haven't found bugs or glitches so far, but I don't know how to enter the hospital without a sledgehammer. Is this intentional? And couldn't find a sledgehammer so far. 

Great job, keep on! Thanks