"Rebuild" announcement

Jela331

Hi, I'm the guy who posted on reddit the "I took a peek into Bredford City..." post. There you suggested me to try your map. I have to say this is the best post-collapse recreation i've seen for this game, I mean, the military details (I am impressed with the outside of the hospital military camp), the burned buildings, the sandbag trenches, the texts on the walls like "there is no cure", etc. I like also the oppressive atmosphere narrow alleys give, and the overall decay aspect of the downtown (dirt on the buildings, etc..)

Haven't found bugs or glitches so far, but I don't know how to enter the hospital without a sledgehammer. Is this intentional? And couldn't find a sledgehammer so far. 

Great job, keep on! Thanks

Wow, thanks for the awesome review. :D

Yeah, about the hospital, you are going to need a sledgehammer to enter, because it possesses a great amount of loot. I'll add a few more storages and warehouses in the map so there's a bigger chance for a sledgehammer to spawn.

I did try your map and the level of decay is looking good but,
damn, all those small rooms make me disoriented!

Is it intended that the lightswitches do not work?

Also don't know if this one is pesky.

Bh2vg4G.jpg

Build on.

I did try your map and the level of decay is looking good but,

damn, all those small rooms make me disoriented!

Is it intended that the lightswitches do not work?

Also don't know if this one is pesky.

Bh2vg4G.jpg

Build on.

Dunno what's wrong with some light switches, some don't seem to work while most of them do, and wow I didn't even notice that. I'll fix it right away. Thank you.

By the way, what small rooms are you talking about?

About the lightswitches: apparently the electricity was shut off instantly in my playthrough.

So it is my mistake. Sorry for that. 

I never experienced it so fast, I always thought it would shut off after some days or weeks and not instantly, when I click the sanbox-option "0-2months". Learning something new, everyday.

About the small rooms: I was talking about it in a good way, but it is how I did feel myself ... exploring a new area ... in the dark.

Mondoid! (clyde)

[The Map 2/3/2015]

nan6s9vh2xsshauzg.jpg

[Alpha 0.4]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap34nmz74x5n2fv/rebuild_map0.4.zip

The zombie spawn map isn't finished, so you have to set zombie spawn to uniform.

Few bugs were fixed since the last alpha version, 5-6 more buildings were added and I worked more on the surroundings.

Report any bugs if found, that'll help me a lot with the final release. Thanks and have fun.

2 Weeks Left.

[Western part of Drayton]

48ce4a225a513011b2bff0555f8e8339.png

Those who are unaware what "2 Weeks Left" means, I wrote it because the map's coming out in exactly 2 weeks.

I've added more buildings, fixed bugs and detailed the map the past week. I'd like to point out the one building I've added this week, it's a *drum roll* Driving School (totally not a hidden motive for devs to speed up the vehicle progress). You can see a bit of it on the left side of the screenshot.

There's no map download for this week unfortunately, but hey, you got this super duper  awesome screenshot of the map, that's almost the same...right?

One mondoid left, so I'll be seeing you next week. Cya

Last mondoid before the final release.

[WARNING: ANCIENT SCREENSHOTS]

I found an ancient screenshot of the map, so I decided to compare it with the current map:

d497c19ca64c0cef04c0289d277de42f.jpg

Back when the map only consisted of 4 cells, I was experimenting with the metro tracks and this was the result:

dl9z42c4jm58cifzg.jpg

They aren't in the map right now and probably never will be, because of the lack of sprites for the trains and such. I only wanted to add them because I expected Drayton to be a huge city.

Now, that the history lesson is over, let's talk about the map and the future of it.

First of, Drayton is nearing completion, having only a few buildings left to be made. Then I've got to make the zombies spawn map and try adding object zones in the map(for fishing and foraging).

Now, when I finish Drayton, I plan to work around with zones and to work on the surroundings a bit more. Then after I do what I have to, I'll start to work on Mashington, a city originated from the name Washington, but it's called Mashington because it's named after a nickname of a PZ Developer. It's going to be at least 3 times bigger than Drayton itself.

Anyways, I'd like to point out for those who still don't know, the map is going to be released in 7 days. I will create a new thread, but I'll keep using this one for mondoids when I start working on Mashington, but don't expect Mashington too soon.

Thank you for those who read my mondoids and I hope you enjoy the map as much as I did while I was testing it. Bye!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...