it doesn't rain often enough for my tastes. I've had my crops die in game more times than I could count because I went out on a supply run and come back to find them as dry as a bone and dead because of it. It should be raining more than enough to keep that from happening, though whether or not it rains enough to make the plants grow as abundant as they could should be another matter.

Now it's pretty much all drought all the time, regardless of how much it rains.

it doesn't rain often enough for my tastes. I've had my crops die in game more times than I could count because I went out on a supply run and come back to find them as dry as a bone and dead because of it. It should be raining more than enough to keep that from happening, though whether or not it rains enough to make the plants grow as abundant as they could should be another matter.

I actually feel like it rains too frequently. I think that soil saturation is a more important distinction for plants. The way it sounds they just aren't holding onto water as well as they should, especially after a soaking rain.

In all honestly I don't mind the overall average amount of rain that we have right now, but it comes too sporadically. I'd much prefer we get a day or two (or three in case of a storm) of rain, and then go a week without. This would, of course, require crops to hold onto water much longer (but really they should... plants can go a week without water  ;-) )

I actually feel like it rains too frequently. I think that soil saturation is a more important distinction for plants. The way it sounds they just aren't holding onto water as well as they should, especially after a soaking rain.

In all honestly I don't mind the overall average amount of rain that we have right now, but it comes too sporadically. I'd much prefer we get a day or two (or three in case of a storm) of rain, and then go a week without. This would, of course, require crops to hold onto water much longer (but really they should... plants can go a week without water  ;-) )

That sounds like a good addition to the game   ;-)  ;-)  ;-).

Edited by kinyoshi

Oh man, plants can survive just about anything. When I first moved into my current place, the previous owner had left behind a bunch of potted plants, so I decided to keep them. Two months later, I'd not watered them once and they were all still alive. Granted, they looked like death warmed over, but I took them outside and planted them in the ground and watered them some. Now they look better than ever.

I planted some vegetables in real life (onions, tomatoes and potatoes) many times and they don't need so many care as in pz!! As kajin all my plant in pz end up dying because of the same reason ):

So the devs should check that. And I think the time of drought depends about the zone.. but it really doesn't matter much, because all vegetables and fruit are transgenic (thing that is bad :razz: haha), so you can planted in any moment, and don't have to much to worry about...

The most care you'd need to give to plants is making sure that weeds don't overtake them and kill them out, and that's a fair bit of a pain, but plants don't need to be watered every. Single. Day. Like PZ has you do.

Weeds are usually a pretty big problem. You gotta keep hoeing the dirt surrounding the plants to keep any plants other than the crop plant from taking root and absorbing precious water, minerals and sunlight that could be going to your crops. The weeds themselves would be useful once you tear them up, though. Good composting materials.

i have big field and grow plants and trees and i find it really unrealistic in game zomboid and i think they should make it more simple.

Just look at game Voyage Century Online how they plant and you will see that farming is easy and kids can do it.

I dont know why they make is so complicated in project zomboid cause kids will play this game too.

Look that game Voyage century online you just plant seed and wait to get big and then you collect items, no need to watering issue i think it needs to be removed from game its waste of time we need developers to concetrate on creating smart NPC not some complicated farming that in end nobody will like if its too hard.

i have big field and grow plants and trees and i find it really unrealistic in game zomboid and i think they should make it more simple.

Just look at game Voyage Century Online how they plant and you will see that farming is easy and kids can do it.

I dont know why they make is so complicated in project zomboid cause kids will play this game too.

Look that game Voyage century online you just plant seed and wait to get big and then you collect items, no need to watering issue i think it needs to be removed from game its waste of time we need developers to concetrate on creating smart NPC not some complicated farming that in end nobody will like if its too hard.

Project Zomboid's stated goal is realism. They want to create a realistic survival experience and farming is not easy in real life. It's a difficult and labor intensive task that requires a lot of backbreaking hard work to get good crops out of. That's the game they want to create. And most of the people here are okay with it, because we like the pain.