Option to disable anti-cheat COMPLETELY

MusicManiac

Hey, I'd like to suggest option to disable anti-cheat completely for locally hosted servers (maybe dedicated too, idk, haven't hosted those). Yes, I know there are options do disable specific anti-cheat types, but somehow anti-cheat still works even when you have every type on "false". What I mean by "still works" is there are mods that spawn in items, and game thinks they are cheated in so when you pick them up they are deleted. Specifically I'm referring to Scavenger Skill mod.

There are plenty of people who play with the friends they know and they don't need any kind of anti-cheat protection, and having that option would give mods a little bit of extra breathing room.

Anti-cheat doesn't delete items. It kicks users for a violation of whichever rule is violated. 

If they're showing up as duplicate items in the console, then they have the same item ID. Items can't have the same item ID and exist in the game.  The modder is wrong to attribute this to anti-cheat in the mod description. Sounds like they're probably adding items to a container as though it were single player instead of creating them on the server. Or it's just another mod conflicting, because some do just eat dropped items.  Either way, that's not anti-cheat. 

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Anti-cheat doesn't delete items. It kicks users for a violation of whichever rule is violated. 

If they're showing up as duplicate items in the console, then they have the same item ID. Items can't have the same item ID and exist in the game.  The modder is wrong to attribute this to anti-cheat in the mod description. Sounds like they're probably adding items to a container as though it were single player instead of creating them on the server. Or it's just another mod conflicting, because some do just eat dropped items.  Either way, that's not anti-cheat. 

Thanks for explanation, I'll pass it on