Game froze then start Blinking black screen

Saloran

Question

Hello and thanks for such amazing game i hope it gets even better.

I got a little problem with my game, well is in the title. My game when 15 min pass, gets frozen and after some minutes start blinking (black screen + desktop). The game works when the screen is blinking, but is in color black so i don't see what i'm doing. i have to Alt+f4 to stop the blinking. I tried lowering resolution, turn off effects and other quality options but nothing works.

My pc:     
Procesador    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz   1.19 GHz
RAM instalada    8,00 GB (7,70 GB utilizable)
Tipo de sistema    Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately your PC specifications are below the minimum requirements as are set on the Steam Store page, which is why you are likely experiencing the graphics issues.
I can only really recommend updating your graphic drivers from the Intel website to try and prevent such issues as it might be a driver issue specifically.

This problem start after the update. i played PZ before in this same PC with no issues, so is not a Requirements problem. 

Are you saying that this game requires more power to run from a PC that can run even Doom (In medium-low requirements)?

What update? PZ's last version was released in mid-May.

If you have mods enabled, then it's possible one updated and broke something. In which case, the only thing i can suggest is disabling your mods and starting a new game to see if it happens again.

If the whole screen is flicking and mods aren't involved, then it could be drivers or a configuration issue with the system or a hardware problem. Never encountered that before.

Though Beard is right. That CPU, especially if it's in an ultrabook chassis, is going to have a very bad time with PZ. I would expect it'd be constantly overheating under intensive loads and being forced to throttle, be it PZ or Doom Eternal.

It's a computer that's meant for light web browsing. It'll be alternating between cooking itself and throttling. That doesn't leave us with much in terms of "solutions," especially when the problem is one we've never encountered before. But I am curious, what was the solution? If it ever comes up again, it'd be handy to know.

I actually have one of the HP Elitebooks with this processor, Saloran. You're probably not getting 60 FPS unless you're standing still and fully zoomed in. I'd recommend using an FPS counter to verify this, if you're just going off of looks.

Archived