Downloading PZ from Steam doesn't install any files into my PC

byzanz

Question

I'm completely new to this game, a friend gifted it to me via Steam just a couple days ago so we could play MP. I downloaded and installed it immediately, but only tried running it today, and when I did I got an error saying that ProjectZomboid64.exe was missing from the installation folder. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times, sometimes deleting the game folder from the Steam directory, sometimes clearing the Steam download caché, but nothing worked: the game doesn't actually finish installing, it pauses when it hits 100% and forces me to start again.

When I look at the game folder, it's barren. It weighs nothing because it doesn't contain a single actual file. All the folders are created, but Steam doesn't install any files whatsoever, including the .exe I need to run the game.

image_2022-06-10_233414922.png.5053548e2f40d04906ad8b8fde26723a.png

2 answers to this question

That is unusual, have you tried switching your Download region in Steam as well?
Other than that, could you check if you have any antivirus that might be blocking the download? Some of them may cancel the download if they find a file that seems suspicious to them for any reason.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

That is unusual, have you tried switching your Download region in Steam as well?
Other than that, could you check if you have any antivirus that might be blocking the download? Some of them may cancel the download if they find a file that seems suspicious to them for any reason.

Deactivating the Avast shields before I started the download fixed the problem, it's running perfectly now.

Thanks!

Archived