• Mods? 
	• Old or new save?
	• Reproduction steps:

• Multiplayer.
	• Dedicated (private dedicated server)
	• No. Pure vanilla
	• Still occurs on new save/wipe
	• Reproduction steps:
         1. Start a server with Discord bridge configured.
         2. Let the server run for few good hours.
         3. Observe the chat bridge (it will eventually stop working).

In depth description:
We've been noticing that the Discord bridge doesn't always work on our vanila dedicated server. Seems like it does time out (?) after a while for some reason. It started happening between last few updates (around February everything was working just fine). Only thing that works is a server restart but even with that it's not a bulletproof solution, rather a band aid... This Discord bridge functionality is an amazing addition to the game and it would be really, really nice if developers got to the bottom of it. 

Looking at the server files I've noticed that the library is strongly outdated (2.0.17). Maybe it's worth to try updating the binary (https://github.com/Javacord/Javacord/releases/tag/v3.4.0) to try eliminating those issues. Also, increasing/adding logging would be super helpful for diagnosing this issue. Just throwing some ideas out to help expedite fixing the issue.

Here's an exceprt from a log file:
Jun 08, 2022 8:16:07 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger info
INFO: Websocket closed with reason null and code 1000 by server!
Jun 08, 2022 8:16:07 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger info
INFO: Could not resume session. Reconnecting now...
Jun 08, 2022 8:16:58 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger info
Jun 08, 2022 8:16:58 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger info
INFO: Could not resume session. Reconnecting now...
(...)
Jun 08, 2022 8:17:44 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger info
Jun 08, 2022 8:17:44 AM de.btobastian.javacord.utils.JavacordLogger error
SEVERE: Websocket connection failed more than 5 times in the last 300 seconds! Stopping reconnecting.
Edited by Darjusz

I'd like to add this is actually an important feature, at least on our server.

It makes moderation much easier, because you can post notifications or warnings without having to launch the game and log in.

It would also open up a way to create a DC bot that could periodically send important notifications (server rules, link to Discord, etc.) to the ingame chat (servermsg isn't a good solution due to the big red letters).

The feature worked mostly okay up to around April/May, then suddenly stopped.

So, please fix this at some point, it'd be a great help.

• 5 months later...

The Discord integration has been popular on my server, but I'm seeing issues as well. I see the same logs as provided by Darjusz. Sometimes the integration will stop Sending from Discord to the game, but more often, I get duplicate messages when users send from Discord to the game. The duplicates are only visible in the game and sometimes I  see as many as 5 copies of the same message. This is on 41.78.12 with no mods.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while, guys. The bug is still here.

The Discord - Game "channel" breaks randomly at all hours of the day and requires a server restart.

We already do routine restarts every morning.

This channel is important to us for implementing a 'bot' that would:

- be able to perform certain checks and post the results in the game's main chat.

- remind players about the rules, post the link to our Discord, etc.

As you can probably gather from so far, a working channel between the game's chat window and the Discord would open up a possibility to automate various admin tasks. It would be extremely valuable to us and other good-meaning players. We need specifically the ability to send discord messages to the game's internal console.

Now, if you however can't integrate Discord with the ingame chat due to technical or other reasons, please consider adding a command in the web console that sends a message to chat. Basically similar to what `servermsg` does, but instead of big letters in the middle, it would send regular chat text.

We still need that. It's not a temporary thing for us, it opens so, so much possibilities for server admins... More interesting events, better administration, all sorts of neat stuff.

Please, pretty please add such functionality if you can't fix the bridge as it is now.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, WCC_Admin said:

The Discord integration has been popular on my server, but I'm seeing issues as well. I see the same logs as provided by Darjusz. Sometimes the integration will stop Sending from Discord to the game, but more often, I get duplicate messages when users send from Discord to the game. The duplicates are only visible in the game and sometimes I  see as many as 5 copies of the same message. This is on 41.78.12 with no mods.

Yes! We also have those message duplication issue as well. It might be related to the amount of players being on the server. Nevertheless, it shouldn't duplicate at all. The bridge is still unstable, we're on the latest stable (41.78.16) version.

Devs, please fix this. We really, really need the Discord bridge functionality to be working.

• Darjusz changed the title to [41.78.16] Discord bridge not working after the server is running for a while
  • 3 months later...

Posting to mention that I have the same issue as reported above, but adding that for me it seems to happen anytime a player dies when

AnnounceDeath=true

is set in the servertest.ini file.

I imagine that the server tries to broadcast the death, with the discord integration picking up on it, and then crashes somehow behind the scenes.