[41.71] [Singleplayer] Can't tow flipped cars.

GKuba

• Version 41.71 (save originates from 41.70)
  • Singleplayer
  • No mods
  • Reproduction steps:
  1. Find a flipped car that you want to get off the road by towing.
  2. Connect the flipped car to your car.
  3. Your car's rear will lift into the air making it impossible to drive.

EDIT: Since we're on topic of towing, sometimes when attaching a vehicle the trunk of my car receives damage for some reason. Haven't found a way to reliably replicate this though.

Edited by GKuba

8 hours ago, GKuba said:
  • Version 41.71 (save originates from 41.70)
  • Singleplayer
  • No mods
  • Reproduction steps:
  1. Find a flipped car that you want to get off the road by towing.
  2. Connect the flipped car to your car.
  3. Your car's rear will lift into the air making it impossible to drive.

EDIT: Since we're on topic of towing, sometimes when attaching a vehicle the trunk of my car receives damage for some reason. Haven't found a way to reliably replicate this though.

It looks like you've attached it the wrong way around? "Attach Ambulance to Dart" is what I see in the radial menu. Could you try to open Radial menu as your char is facing the back of the Ambulance so that radial menu gives an option to "Attach Dart to Ambulance" instead?

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

It looks like you've attached it the wrong way around? "Attach Ambulance to Dart" is what I see in the radial menu. Could you try to open Radial menu as your char is facing the back of the Ambulance so that radial menu gives an option to "Attach Dart to Ambulance" instead?

Attaching it the other way around made almost no difference, ambulance's rear still got flung into the air but with less "force". Still unable to drive it.

2 hours ago, Yana M.D. said:

Have you tested with other types of vehicles as well? Does it happen to a Base.CarSmall only? 

Haven't tested with other vehicles yet. I'll do that later and post an update of the results.

@Yana M.D. @Pandorea

I've ran some tests and seem to be getting consistent results of cars' rears being lifted into the air once connected to a flipped car. I'm not sure why Yana got a different result.

Below I've attached a video showing the test I've prepared, at the beginning I'm showing the way the tests were set up. This was done on 41.71 new debug save.