Foraging Finds

No, not the time you found a rock or roach or something. The time you found something unusual, or just something interesting that you happened to find.

I think the first item I found using the new foraging system was a newspaper. Not much more to the story other than "I saw the thing pop up and was like, 'Oh, cool.'".

I've also found a professional camera, granola bar, and a can of spaghetti bolognese when searching in cities. (The suburbs rather,  but still.)

What kinds of odd finds have you stumbled across when foraging? I'd like to know.

• 3 weeks later...

About the same as you.  Some things are useful, like cameras for electrical skills, something are useless, like dirty rags.  I only recent discovered that trash piles usually turn up items.  Makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love the new foraging system. I found a hammer once which was cool. I would love to see the game updated with more trash items, and then have those integrated into the foraging system. If you have ever foraged in real life you will know just how much trash you find.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, buwaro said:

I recently found a gascan with ~3/4 fuel in it from a trash pile

Wow!
And so far I have found only sticks, logs, stones and bushes with berries.
But I'm looking mainly only in forests and fields.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:59 AM, vek said:

Wow!
And so far I have found only sticks, logs, stones and bushes with berries.
But I'm looking mainly only in forests and fields.

I forage primarily in the deep forest, found:

Empty Pot
Kitchen Knife
Tent Poles
Tent Kit
Saw
Cold Pack

It's rare but you can definitely get some pretty useful finds. :)

Archived