41.71 (Steam) Microwaves defrost slower/not at all when not looking inside them.

Ana

(I've only tested this on SP)

When you put frozen food into a microwave (set to defrost), it takes about 15 minutes to defrost while you are actively looking inside the container. If you walk away from the microwave/close the loot window it doesn't defrost the things at all, the freezing bar progresses as much as if you just left it in an unpowered microwave/any other container.

A quick play showed that its the same on all of the heat settings of the microwave. I have no idea why this is happening, stoves defrost things fine from the quick mess around I had with them. I haven't played around with actually cooking things with microwaves though, maybe I need to look into that as well.

I first noticed this on a modded run. I disabled the mods to test and it still worked with those microwaves. I then disabled mods and started a vanilla new world and tested with fresh microwaves there and it was the same. I have no idea if there is something permanent mods have done, but I got it to replicate on a fresh world in SP.

Disabling mods is not always enough when re-testing found bugs, best to start a brand new mod free save for that. Additionally, check the Console file to make sure no mods were loaded in mistakenly. I'm unable to replicate the issue on a vanilla save.