duh7

• Is it somewhat realistic? 
    I can put entire wiki page about what guns, heavy guns and military equipment is used in 60's/70's or 80's
  • Does it fit with the spirit of PZ?
    Ofc we have army camps and even army bases
  • Would it make the game too easy? 
    Depends. Zombies in bases are offten in very large numbers and weapons still need ammo so it is easy to balance it.
  • Would it require rewriting the entire game (like changing the camera view, for instance)
    Hell no. Meaby some more models.
  • Would it add enough to the gameplay that it would be worth taking the time to add? Yep a style of Play and items to Trade.
    Now with Luisville or Raven Creek u need a lot of ammo if u plan to go there after highest pick of spawns.
  • Would it be found in Muldraugh, Kentucky common enough to be added?
    Yes every military base and camp have heavy weapons. (light machine guns, mines or simple granade lunchers at least) 
  • For zombies: Does it fit at least somewhat into Romero/Brooks zombie lore (the basis for 'proper' zombies)?
    Yep

Mac_fires_Minigun.webp

Edited by duh7

16 hours ago, MassiveMeddlers said:

Even if they don't accept heavy weapons, at least they should allow akimbo weapons.

I'd like to run two katanas towards a zombie or pull out two revolvers and shoot around while wearing the Sheriff's hat.

This is not that kind of game I'm afraid :) 

27 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

But in the game a man can wear a bra, or paper hat :)

Joke aside We should use our left hand 

it is almost useless  2nd hand for combat 

I can use two pistols at the same time, and i did. Not a fun experience but still possible.
Like, he cannot hold and use a knife with a gun.

For example, the gun push animation sucks, the zombie is approaching you again until the animation is over. We can take a blunt  in our second hand and swing it.

While using a gun with a flashlight, he uses the flashlight as if he was carrying a bag.  should be use his hand to support  the gun.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

A T800 may be able to lift and fire a minigun, but I don't think people can.

I'm not unopposed to grenade launchers or rpgs, but I feel it would change the feel of the game.

Not to mention  create a fine opportunity for pvp griefers to ruin your day.

To much movies lad. Normal ppl can use minigun too,  specialy a nowaday versions of it and for old ones u need a lil bit more STR to not get knocked prone from the kick.

Ofc it change some stuff like every change do that but still its a high endgame gear for specialized operations with high risk of geting killed if ur not a puss that play on lowest deficulty. Now griffers can still use molotows (u can turn off fire spread only), depends from mods ( brita have RPG and it is too strong) or sensored homemade bombs.

U still need a lot of ammo to shoot it it need to be specialized so there is place for balance, gun is very loud even louder than cars horn, moving with it slow u down and even stops u from move if u want to shot and not loose aim.

If sever admins are accepting griffers in server there is nothing wrong with it. 

Edited by duh7

So. One point was a balance issues so let me explain what can be balanced here.

I would create a New category of weapons called.

Heavy weapons.

- Are heavy and slow u Down even when in ur backpack. 

- Need both hands to use it. 

- Need to have it equipped when in ur belonings (like a body or generator u cant do anything without puting weapon on ground or In bag)

- Be4 use weapon need to be warmed up and that make a sound. 

- Using this type of weapons cost u offten ur stamina

- Using make more loud sounds ( louderthan car horn)

- Ammo is hard to get or using it is very fast ofc is imposible to Craft.

In this weapon category u can put:

1. Flamethrower (A fuel tank will use ur backpack slot)

2. LMG ( light machine gun)

3. HMG ( heavy machine gun) minigun is that type and ofc ammo case will use ur backpack slot.

4. RPG (like bazooka, granade lunchers)

5. Explosives (like army diffrent type of mines, granades, C4) 

Some of it not all are in nearly every army bases. 

HMG offten are on posts to intimidate anybody to think twice. We ahuld have TNT to with Black powder bombs. 

Lets agree to add New category and Let the body hit The floor.

(Or its rainning men)

Edited by duh7

On 6/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

A T800 may be able to lift and fire a minigun, but I don't think people can.

I'm not unopposed to grenade launchers or rpgs, but I feel it would change the feel of the game.

Not to mention  create a fine opportunity for pvp griefers to ruin your day.

people can lift minigun and you can check out fpsrussia on youtube, but weight is not even worst issue-minigun consumes extreme amounts of ammo in very short amount of time( 3000 bullets per minute- 50 bullets per second) so how we are suppose to find enough ammo for it during apocalyptic conditions?

great power comes with great cost

Veterans should have profession knowledge to operate heavy 50 cal mgs and military vehicles for late game use. Hip firing machine guns wouldn't really fit the realistic theme of the game imo, unless maybe as a perk of being a veteran able to fire short bursts. 

What makes sense is setting up a bipod MG and turning zombies into crawlers or incapacitating them without outright killing, since it would be pretty rare to get a headshot. Think of the chapter of World War Z where the military gets overwhelmed despite using tanks, MGs, and airstrikes. MGs could knock down the horde but to finish it off you would need accurate shots from small arms or melee

On 6/9/2022 at 6:18 AM, Pandorea said:

Maybe allow dual wield, but make it as impractical as it would be in reality.

Hard time scoring a hit with a pistol at close range? Why not do even worse by using 2!

Allow players to create their own doomed Hollywood action figure.

I'm sure there's be plenty of folk in the real world who get chomped down playing cowboy. 

It could make for entertaining role play.

"So, how'd you die?"

"It turns out dressing up like a ninja and doing badass summersaults is a good way to get eaten./John Wayne Wayneing it up was a bad idea."

Edited by Papa Juliet Whiskey
My reasons are my own.

If I come across Ol' Painless in a cabinet, I'll eat my hat.  Would be interesting to see a bullet hose in-game.  Finally ammo hoarding pays off!

There is no way I could use it regardless, CIA's got me pushing too many pencils.