I can't replace the broken window - Why??

Oliver58

You need a crowbar in your inventory, then find an unbroken window, right click, and there should be an option to remove it. There is a chance it will break, but if it doesn't, you should be able to replace a broken window. You probably need to clear any broken glass from the window frame first.

I've also heard tell that if it's a big window(like some stores have), then it may not be replaceable. Haven't tested that out myself though.

Yet.

The image is kind-of dark, so I can't tell if the window is there, broken, or  broken with glass removed. It looks like the window is there, since it's offering the option  to pick it up.

I'm guessing since you mentioned pressing a, thar your using a controller. On keyboard, from that screen, I'm wondering if pushing tab will cycle between picking up and placing, not sure what the keybind for controllers are, so not sure what you'd push to do that.

It's been so long since I've messed with windows though, so I can't even remember if you use the pickup and place commands(for furniture items, not placing placing other things from inventory), or if it is done using right click context menus.

The window ist broken with glass removed.

I tried to take the window by using the crowbar. Anyway it neither work when I start the game without activating my Joypad.

I can remove windows. I have already done that, but only if there is neither a curtain nor a barricade before the window.

I am convinced it is a bug, that I am not able to remove a broken window if there was a curtain or a barricade before.

@Admin

Please move this thread to the bug-subforum. Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes there are just glitches. I think that some items or tiles just have a glitch, nothing to be done.

If you are determined to remove that window and aren't being allowed to, only thing is to try from the other side, which probably means building a ladder.  

Archived