Jump to content

Adding trees...


CaptainYoink
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've literally just got into the whole map making scene so I really don't know what I'm doing. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I can't find any help or I'm not understanding what i'm looking at.  Anyway...

How do you add trees and vegetation?

Whenever I color in any trees, tall grass, or any other vegetation WorldEd doesn't recognize those as being tile colors and then deletes those parts of the map. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kaizokuroof said:

Make sure to turn of anti-aliasing in whatever image editor you're using, as this will adjust the values of the colours and so your tool won't recognise them.

That's the first thing I did upon opening Paint.Net

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, akosgarai said:

I recommend you to follow this tutorial: 

 

You need one image for the base map  and another image for the vegetation.

I think I've looked through this one or maybe it was another (I can't remember) -anyway I had a hell of a time following it and still ran into the same issues and just gave up. I'll give It a go though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, akosgarai said:

I recommend you to follow this tutorial: 

 

You need one image for the base map  and another image for the vegetation.

Still having the exact same issue I was having prior to looking through this. Did everything exactly as described and WorldEd still can't recognize the vegetation colors.

 

Edit: Not the vegetation this time. It's something else. All of this trial and error is getting kind of frustrating.

Edit 2: Probably shoulda changed it earlier, but I think it's zombie spawns that's the problem rn... Tutorial from link is kinda confusing on that part to me.

Edited by CaptainYoink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Bud,

 

Try with just a single colour on your veg map. Dark grass for example. 

 

Also if you're finding the written guide hard to follow, Daddy Dirk has some videos, from building rambles to actually putting your map together, including explanation of the exact feature you're having issues with.

 

Daddy Dirkie dirk - YouTube

 

Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kaizokuroof said:

Hey Bud,

 

Try with just a single colour on your veg map. Dark grass for example. 

 

Also if you're finding the written guide hard to follow, Daddy Dirk has some videos, from building rambles to actually putting your map together, including explanation of the exact feature you're having issues with.

 

Daddy Dirkie dirk - YouTube

 

Good luck.

 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did get everything in terms of base map and veg map all sorted out. I suppose using one of the shades of red thats listed isn't usable anymore. Idk, but I think I got all that figured out. Just need to learn how to make buildings... There's so much shit that goes into this I wasn't expecting it to be this funky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

I am having the same issue. I followed the YouTube video's posted by Daddy Dirkie dirk and was able to do everything up to the point where I was adding the trees. All the other colors work just fine but the trees show up as gray...not sure why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, Sharja said:

I am having the same issue. I followed the YouTube video's posted by Daddy Dirkie dirk and was able to do everything up to the point where I was adding the trees. All the other colors work just fine but the trees show up as gray...not sure why.

Most likely you have added vegetation colors to your main map instead of your veg map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...