Thuztor

Horizon Clock Mod

version 0.6 for Build 41

Concept, Textures, Code & Overhaul: Thuztor

oldCode: TurboTuTone

Translations:

English & German: Thuztor

Russian: Nebula

Surprise! I'm back and not dead yet! Not yet!

I hope I can revive even more in the future.

Update to Version 0.6 for Build 41 and probably lower:

- complete overhaul ( see Features )

Features of this version:

- You don't have found a watch, yet?
! Orient yourself at the level of the sun or the position of the stars!

- You have a watch, but you can't see the clock?
! Hold Right CTRL,  if you move or whatever with the keyboard!
! Otherwise just press Right CTRL!

- You can't see the sun or the stars, if you are inside a building or it rains?
! That's correct. It has to be like this!

- You want a digital watch, but without the luxery temperature display?
! You can find black cheap digital watches on corpses and at some other places!

- Language Support: english, german, russian (Nebula)

Planned for the next version:

- texture overlay, if you are sitting in cars
- The correct beginning and end of sunrise and sunset depending on the season.

- the strength of rain, clouds, fog, snow and wind is visible in the horizon clock

- extra ui for the wind direction

Future plans:
- an analog watch
- button cell battery for watches (keep a very long time, but eventually the clock will stop working)
- windup watches that needs no battery, but needs to be wind up again and again.
(Bad luck if one forgets it sometimes. Then you have to just guess what time it is)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498643301

Dropbox-Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cbrgt4kdj55tju/HorizonClockv0.6.zip?dl=0

See you soon!

20191108180845_1.jpg

20191108180923_1.jpg

20191108181159_1.jpg

20191108181207_1.jpg

20191108181306_1.jpg

Edited by Thuztor

I talked about rain with turbotutone and my thought are: There will be situations, where you are inside a building/cellar or something else and can't see or hear the rain. So it would be a bit of cheating.

Maybe this was a reason, why the original "weather-meter" was removed.

Ah my thought was more a probability meter, currently there is no solid means of knowing if it is overcast or about to rain or anything, even when outside. Granted in the future with the new lighting methods the daytime saturation and colour balance will shift simulating redness at dawn and dusk. Greying out with high cloud-cover.

Granted your point is valid and certainly very sound from a design perspective. My perspective is naturally only that of a user. Perhaps instead of out-right weather detection it could be more like weather-sense, requiring being outdoor.

Naturally I am merely making suggestions. Still going to use it :)

I talked about rain with turbotutone and my thought are: There will be situations, where you are inside a building/cellar or something else and can't see or hear the rain. So it would be a bit of cheating.

Another way to approach it is to use a barometer. Normally it won't realy tell that it rains, but it does indicate if a high or low pressure system is near. Don't know for sure, but i thought that low pressure does give a higher chance of rain and such.

In game it is impossible do mimic that exactly, but low pressure = rain with a barometer is at least more realisitc :P.

I'm a bit late for this, but couldn't you make the clock so that it shows the weather only when you're outside and have a separate image when indoors. This way it would allow the weather and would require you to go outside to check the time and weather... Just a thought.

Anyways I've been really waiting for something like this. Great work!

• 1 month later...

In "Project Zomboid" moon phases influences on farming (just look in "basicFarming.lua"). Does your mod show this moon phases on night textures? If no, please add it in the next versions.

And think about season textures (winter, autumn, summer, spring) - it's also need in farming.

• 9 months later...

I LOVE this! This is pretty much, exactly what I was thikning. I love you all.

I will re-release it in future. It should also become a part of Vacation Islands.

HELL Yeah!  Vacation Islands!?  Like "Dead Island," but "Project Zomboid" style?  That sounds so badass!  I you, all love. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...