Salt should be more frequent in kitchens

Mork

Hi,

So, I was doing some testing on a sandbox game, with all ressources set on "very abundant". And while rummaging through every single cupboard of every kitchen, I noticed that salt was in fact a pretty rare item. There was like 1 salt shaker every 10 houses or so. It doesn't seem right, as I'd bet my lunch that salt is one of the most common seasonings / ingredients that can be found in a (western) kitchen.

So, maybe, its commonness should be augmented a tad?

Thank you.

From the realism point of view I totally agree with you but I think that it is just a way of balancing. Salt is a spice and spices increase the happiness-value of food so the availability is reduced to make it more valuable I could imagine?

I agree, you may be totally right. It's also a crucial ingredient for bread and pie doughs, two of the rare recipes that require to be learnt and that are used to produce very efficient food.

That's why I'm asking to up its frequency just a notch. Not make it as frequent as in real life. Remember: my test was with very abondant food setting. With that kind of setting, every kitchen is full to the brim with fresh, frozen and canned food (and various other types of food & ingredients like oil, flour, cereals, biscuits and so on).