File deserteagle.txt not match server

Delirio

Hello, today lot of players encounter this error (we are speaking on Discord also diferent servers).

1- It only affects MULTIPLAYER, SIngle player it's ok

2- Unsubscribing to all mods and reinstalling doesn't solve the problem

3- Unuscribing to all mods and atempting to join a vanilla server doesn't work either

4- Deleteng the file on the specific route doesn't work

20220524123550_1.jpg

Edited by Delirio

This usually happens when a server hasn't installed the latest version of a mod, or in this case, the base game itself - so everyone trying to connect has the latest version a file but the server has the old version, which means they don't match.  The servers might just need to be restarted, or if you are on a beta you might need to switch to the main branch.

This exact error happened to me earlier today. Are you, by chance, subscribed to the "Tidy Up Meister" or "Alternative Inventory Rendering" mods? Both mods updated last night / this morning so I wonder if one of them is causing this sound file mismatch error.

My local version had a few sound files (including deserteagletxt) that reflected today as the Date Modified, whereas the server still had files from February. I "fixed" it by uploading any newer sound files from my local game version (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\weapons) onto my dedicated Multiplayer server (home/media/scripts/weapons). I use GTX Gaming as my host so the file path may differ. Make sure you back up your server's sound files just in case.

I put "fixed" in quotations because the true test will be whether others can join the server. I have 3 buddies who are going to hop on tonight. If they get the error, then my idea of replacing the sound files will have failed.

Edited by Comp625

The issue is there is no real way to tell server operators that a steam update has occured other than for a player to just simply notice steam updated a file.

Especially when there are no notes provided with the build, you cant even right click on the update and look at anything.

Most people dont have their servers configured to check for updates at every restart.

Im looking for a api feed that doesnt cost money so i can at least get some notification that a steam update has occured the best i have found so far is im going to have to either pay 100$ to get a publisher id from steam or pay 1$/month to steamapi so i can get a data feed for when the game is updated.

Edited by Xyberviri

4 hours ago, Hugo Qwerty said:

This usually happens when a server hasn't installed the latest version of a mod, or in this case, the base game itself - so everyone trying to connect has the latest version a file but the server has the old version, which means they don't match.  The servers might just need to be restarted, or if you are on a beta you might need to switch to the main branch.

Admins don´t know what to do, this problem is different. There has been a lot of what you just said, but this isn't the same.
Im not an admin so I cannot say anything about that. But the truth is that very few players are actually able to conect, but the mayority don't. This has been occuring since 6-7 hours ago and no admin has figured it out yet. 
I think it maybe has something to do with Brita Weapons Pack since the error its about the Desert Eagle (not vanilla). But uninstalling the mod and attempting to enter Vanilla servers doesn't work

Edited by Delirio

Having the same issue.  We have no mods installed.  As far as we can tell both the local version (Build: 8781039) and the Project Zomboid Dedicated Server (Build 8781046) are both up to date. Still getting the same error:

File doesn't match the one on the server

media/scripts/weapons/sounds_deserteagle.txt

C:Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\weapons\sounds_deserteagle.txt

Is it possible to manually update the files? Our dedicated server is running on Windows.

UPDATE: Was able to fix the issue by copying the ‘scripts’ folder (all files) and sharing via discord to all players.Each player then had to copy the shared files and overwrite the ‘scripts’ folder locally. So far no instability issues.

Edited by SteemyDog
Update

I got same issue.

We have just 5 mods installed. However, there were no weapons-related Mods, and the same error occurred.

So I recommended that the person who had the issue send the script file and overwrite it.

However, as the same issue was repeated, I recommended that you erase the script file and perform an integrity check.

Nevertheless, the same error continued to be printed, and the corresponding Deserteagle error code was printed the same, even though it was recommended to reinstall the game.

It is carefully speculated that the issue may have occurred somewhere other than the Desert Eagle script error.

Edited by BeHindDark

12 hours ago, Delirio said:

Admins don´t know what to do, this problem is different. There has been a lot of what you just said, but this isn't the same.
Im not an admin so I cannot say anything about that. But the truth is that very few players are actually able to conect, but the mayority don't. This has been occuring since 6-7 hours ago and no admin has figured it out yet. 
I think it maybe has something to do with Brita Weapons Pack since the error its about the Desert Eagle (not vanilla). But uninstalling the mod and attempting to enter Vanilla servers doesn't work

The Desert Eagle is vanilla, although in game it is called D-E Pistol.  The file giving you trouble is definitely from vanilla PZ, it's not Britas causing the problem.

With each new update you break more than you fix.

Please stop.

Fix the product you are selling right now, stop promising cute forest animals while at the same time quietly breaking food jars or vehicle removal via the debug menu.

21 hours ago, Comp625 said:

This exact error happened to me earlier today. Are you, by chance, subscribed to the "Tidy Up Meister" or "Alternative Inventory Rendering" mods? Both mods updated last night / this morning so I wonder if one of them is causing this sound file mismatch error.

My local version had a few sound files (including deserteagletxt) that reflected today as the Date Modified, whereas the server still had files from February. I "fixed" it by uploading any newer sound files from my local game version (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\weapons) onto my dedicated Multiplayer server (home/media/scripts/weapons). I use GTX Gaming as my host so the file path may differ. Make sure you back up your server's sound files just in case.

I put "fixed" in quotations because the true test will be whether others can join the server. I have 3 buddies who are going to hop on tonight. If they get the error, then my idea of replacing the sound files will have failed.

I can confirm that my fix worked for my group. Basically just take your sound files from your local folder and replace the equivalent files on your dedicated multiplayer server. Doing so allows the game to see matched files.

This should not be a mod issue.

After the update I have tried to connect to two different servers and get the same fault.

One of the servers is a friends server(not public) and he can connect to that one without a problem.

The other one was a public server.

I have no mods installed and done a reinstall deluxe of eveyrthing related to PZ on my computer.

The only way I could think this could be a mod issue is if mods in steam wouldn't effect the main directory and adds them to another dir. Then this dir is checked instead and my friend has forgotten that he has a mod installed. As I just have just done a checksum-check of all files in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\ and all subdirectories and compared this to the checksum for these directories from his computer.

We have the same amount of files and all of them have the same md5 checksum.

Edited by Snointemittnamn