Scariest thing that has happened to you in Project Zomboid?

Jela331

Knocking meta-events?, never heard it. Every time i hear it, i open the door and a zombie just pops up and attempts to eat my brains out.

The scariest thing is that every time i pick up a Spiffo Doll or even find one, bad luck happens.

The 2nd doll i found caused bizarre things, when i exited the 2 story house. I saw a bloody horde pop out of nowhere which somehow notices me as soon as i exited, ran back in, crawler pops up and infects me, ran upstairs, i hear the horde break in, decided to jump out of window, immediate death due to horde from the OTHER SIDE. It was scary.

Lol sorry but yeah the scariest thing that ever happened to me was that I got attacked from behind by a zombie while building a wall and not only did I get attacked but this zombie made every noise that all the zombies make all at once. I play this game with the volume up very high and have 5.1 so yeah :/ honestly it was literally terrifying. I almost fell out of my chair.

I haven't heard that meta-event yet!

Playing with lights off at night with sound kinda low so I'm listening intensely, leaning in towards the monitor.  I'm tense as I'm slowly sneaking past a crowd of zombies.  Suddenly from behind me my dog jams her wet nose into my side seeking some love.  I shrieked an inhuman sound like a freak of nature.

It wasn't the zombie banging on the door, it was an actual knocking sound. Like a survivor knocked. It would be cool if there were some scary easter eggs in PZ, like a transparent girl in the woods which disappears in a second after being seen. :3

That was probably some gunshots you heard. And that's creepy as hell. :shock:

It wasn't the zombie banging on the door, it was an actual knocking sound. Like a survivor knocked. It would be cool if there were some scary easter eggs in PZ, like a transparent girl in the woods which disappears in a second after being seen. :3

No gunshots. I heard a loud knocking on something, I've heard gunshots but that was no gunshot.

When i was changing my darn clothes, i started to hear much banging in the front door of the house - i got scared and barricaded the door of the room i was in. Later i slept for a while to see if the horde disperses...No, the door from the room i was in was being knocked out, i open the window and ran ASAP, got lost in the woods and died on a random wandering zed  :-|

Would be cool if you would start 'seeing'... things when you're very panicked or terrified, kinda like in "don't starve" where the shadows... start moving.

The zombification process used to be sorta like that in the older builds. Once you got really really sick, to the point where you were getting ready to just keel over, you'd start hallucinating zeds walking around you that weren't there. It was a pretty cool effect.

No gunshots. I heard a loud knocking on something, I've heard gunshots but that was no gunshot.

There is a silenced or muffled gun metasound that sounds just like knocking, I've heard it too.

Would be cool if you would start 'seeing'... things when you're very panicked or terrified, kinda like in "don't starve" where the shadows... start moving.

The zombification process used to be sorta like that in the older builds. Once you got really really sick, to the point where you were getting ready to just keel over, you'd start hallucinating zeds walking around you that weren't there. It was a pretty cool effect.

Oh, how I'd have loved to see that :S

I just stepped into some random house for the looting and oversaw a zombie on the ground before the shower. Jumped at me, but didn't get me.

Still I JUMPED too IRL!

One time I opened up a tiny, tiny little closet. One tile large. And suddenly FOUR zombies lunged out of the door at me. I bolted out of that house like it was on fire. I easily dealt with all four of them once they followed me out into the open but damn that was scary in that little hallway.

Oh, how I'd have loved to see that :S

I'm pretty sure they're planning on reimplementing it once they've tackled some bigger things first. Nearly positive that I've read the devs discussing it in other threads.

The scariest thing for me was brought on by a meta-game event. I was out on a looting trip and I was far from home when it started getting dark and my character started getting tired, so I stopped into this house http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4898253438443464,0.22228845445872056,380.5405405405406 which I happened to be near at the time. So I'm in the upstairs bedroom, the one that looks out of the sole southern window on the second floor, and I'm getting ready to go to sleep and gunfire starts ringing out from outside, and a gigantic horde, easily 100 strong, comes pouring around the corner of the fence, into the yard, and completely floods the downstairs of the house, then just stops. So I'm stuck hiding in the bedroom, no food on me because I'd dumped all my perishables that I was traveling with into the fridge for the night before going up to the bedroom, my character has just hit the exhausted moodle, so I'm not seeing very well, and the entire house is suddenly full of zeds. I can hear like 4 different doors being hammered on, and obviously had no way of knowing if one of them was the door to the bedroom I'm hiding behind without opening the door and potentially letting them in. So I hide for a couple hours trying to wait for daylight and I start hearing some of the other doors giving way, so I creep over to the bedroom door and open and close it really quick and see into the upstairs hallway just long enough to see that it's so full of zeds that I couldn't see the floor, so I ended up jumping out that southern window, this was before the reimplementation of sheet ropes so jumping was my only option, right into a large group of waiting zeds, take severe damage on landing, swing my trusty crowbar twice in opposite directions, and break into a sprint, and managed to get away clean. Absolutely terrifying experience from beginning to end.

I'm pretty sure they're planning on reimplementing it once they've tackled some bigger things first. Nearly positive that I've read the devs discussing it in other threads.

The scariest thing for me was brought on by a meta-game event. I was out on a looting trip and I was far from home when it started getting dark and my character started getting tired, so I stopped into this house http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4898253438443464,0.22228845445872056,380.5405405405406 which I happened to be near at the time. So I'm in the upstairs bedroom, the one that looks out of the sole southern window on the second floor, and I'm getting ready to go to sleep and gunfire starts ringing out from outside, and a gigantic horde, easily 100 strong, comes pouring around the corner of the fence, into the yard, and completely floods the downstairs of the house, then just stops. So I'm stuck hiding in the bedroom, no food on me because I'd dumped all my perishables that I was traveling with into the fridge for the night before going up to the bedroom, my character has just hit the exhausted moodle, so I'm not seeing very well, and the entire house is suddenly full of zeds. I can hear like 4 different doors being hammered on, and obviously had no way of knowing if one of them was the door to the bedroom I'm hiding behind without opening the door and potentially letting them in. So I hide for a couple hours trying to wait for daylight and I start hearing some of the other doors giving way, so I creep over to the bedroom door and open and close it really quick and see into the upstairs hallway just long enough to see that it's so full of zeds that I couldn't see the floor, so I ended up jumping out that southern window, this was before the reimplementation of sheet ropes so jumping was my only option, right into a large group of waiting zeds, take severe damage on landing, swing my trusty crowbar twice in opposite directions, and break into a sprint, and managed to get away clean. Absolutely terrifying experience from beginning to end.

Hah, this wins for me so far lol.

Btw., are zombie hordes from meta events in the current build? I heard many helicopters and some gunshots but never saw any hordes yet. The town is pretty empty now too. I'd have to search for zombies if I needed someone to talk to in my game at the moment.

I set up camp at the farm with the well. Could that be the reason? Maybe the hordes are stuck in the forest somewhere... ^____O

I'd Probably have a heart attack  :mrgreen: