Prevent zombies from grouping in spawn locations?

Comp625

My group and I play on a dedicated server and are frustrated that zombies are grouping up in houses with spawn locations. Any new characters are immediately dying as soon as they spawn.

Is there a setting or mod that prevents zombies from hording in spawn locations? Or one that gives newly spawned players temporary immunity? I understand it's "realistic" in that zombies can migrate anywhere including player spawn points (likely because they were attracted to it by the previous player who spawned there and died). But it's not ideal from a fun factor perspective.

I also already installed a mod that gives starting players some profession-related weapons (e.g. metal worker starts out with a metal pipe and a metal bar as weapons). It helps but doesn't fix the root issue.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, Comp625 said:

My group and I play on a dedicated server and are frustrated that zombies are grouping up in houses with spawn locations. Any new characters are immediately dying as soon as they spawn.

Is there a setting or mod that prevents zombies from hording in spawn locations? Or one that gives newly spawned players temporary immunity? I understand it's "realistic" in that zombies can migrate anywhere including player spawn points (likely because they were attracted to it by the previous player who spawned there and died). But it's not ideal from a fun factor perspective.

I also already installed a mod that gives starting players some profession-related weapons (e.g. metal worker starts out with a metal pipe and a metal bar as weapons). It helps but doesn't fix the root issue.

Hmm, seems like the developers should have the spawn mechanic scan the area and see if there are a bunch of zombies crowding it. If there are, look for another spawn location that is acceptably clear.

On 5/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, Comp625 said:

Are you spawning in a vanillia house? Or a Modded Area? 

Archived