[41.71] [Singleplayer] Mouse trap's invisible wall

Mork

41.71 (steam), single player sandbox. I don't use any mods.

Save originated from 41.70 unstable and then was updated to 41.71 unstable.

Hi! o/

I just crashed a big Chevalier Step Van on a tiny mouse trap. Because mouse traps have an invisible force field that will prevent anyone or anything to share the same tile as them. I'm pretty sure even Juggernaut wouldn't be able to break through this.
Maybe I should replace the log fence around my base for a mouse trap perimeter...? :P

Joke aside, please, could you have a look at this? Having those tiny traps treated like some big piece of furniture can be somewhat annoying from times to times. ^^

Thank you!

Our server isued a ban rule for placing these on the roads, after some repeated accidents... Same goes for tosters, radios...

Even the generators and chairs does not have a collision box like these.

Oh, and the stone cairn does not collide with a characters. Does with a vehicle though.

Edited by Fregrant

28 minutes ago, Fregrant said:

Our server isued a ban rule for placing these on the roads, after some repeated accidents...

I can understand. I personaly was very close to ban me from my own singleplayer game, but then I made a point by explaining that it was an accident, and that it's only because I was tired that I ramed that van in the mouse trap.
I got away with a warning and the promess to never put a mouse trap near a road again. :P

More seriously, thanks for the info about the radios and toasters. I don't think I'll put one near a road, but just in case, I'm better knowing they have the same issue. ^^

Edited by Mork

I really think small objects like moust traps, radios, lamps, TVs, microwaves should all be passable. This would be both good for players and fix the pathfinding exploit which lets you do stuff like this:

Maybe the shouldn't be tiles at all and should be 3d objects instead, just like cassete is interactable and working by being just placed on ground as 3d object

Edited by SonicSonedit