Why not just flee the town?

Verun

Here's another option I was pondering.

Should it not just be possible to flee the infected town? When you survived some time and have enough supplies + camping equipment to survive long enough in the wilds to reach other cities, you could try to just leave the town.

Even when the area was under quarantine, you still could easily be identified as non-zombified. And be put in single quarantine for a few days.

Of course that would completely negate the game purpose. So there should be game mechanics that pretend you from fleeing the town (other then "end of the map, you can't go beyond").

I also wondered if in much later game versions there could be possibilities to get rescued.

I mean, living in a fortified Farm and having written "PLZ HALP!" or something similar in huge white letters on dark ground should damn well rise the attention of those dozens of helicopters constantly flying around my new home, right? Also there's well enough room for any helicopter to land (within those walls).

Any ideas/opinions on this?

The plan is basically to expand the map even more than it's current state, so what you suggest could be entirely possible with the inclusion of military, etc.

Should it not just be possible to flee the infected town? When you survived some time and have enough supplies + camping equipment to survive long enough in the wilds to reach other cities, you could try to just leave the town.

More like "Why not flee the planet". Apocalypse after all

wouldnt it be simpler to just add booze and liquor in the game and flee reality with alchool .? (clyde)

wouldnt it be simpler to just add booze and liquor in the game and flee reality with alchool .? (clyde)

The game already has Whiskey in it.

Sure, flee the current map to get chomped on by zoms elsewhere... or get shot by the military... or eventually, I am certain, someone will mod in a end game scenario....  The game greets you with a "This is how you died" statement and I have never seen the Devs declare any intention to change that. Your high score is how long you can survive.

The screen goes blank.

Slowly coming in to view is your end game report.

YOU DIED.

Survived 6 years 5 months 18 days.

Killed 6462 zombies.

All skills maxed out.

Death was caused by meteor hitting the earth as nobody noticed it to intercept it with bruce willis oil drilling team. As they were all watching you on the zomboid version of the truman show.

Zomboids munchies reality show.

Sponsored by the walking munchies cereal "they to survive for"

Wahahahahaha

Sure, flee the current map to get chomped on by zoms elsewhere... or get shot by the military... or eventually, I am certain, someone will mod in a end game scenario....  The game greets you with a "This is how you died" statement and I have never seen the Devs declare any intention to change that. Your high score is how long you can survive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite aware of the "this is how you died". But after all it's the same for us in real life too, isn't it: this is how you died, after 88+ years ;)

What I mean is for the immersion: I know I'd try and get away from that zombie swarm hive as soon as I'd be ready. That's especially true if there'd be signs that the 'apocalypse' is just a local phenomenon. Sings like helicopters flying over your house, radio signals, tv or military blockades ;)

If I heard in the radio or tv that there are zombies all over the world... or if I saw broken or even zombified military blockades... well I'd be very happy not to be in a metropolis then and stay right where I were!

But as Batspinx has already written: they'll adress that in one or the other way eventually. :>

( cough cough) military coverup no survivors! COUGH COUGH BLAME THE FEDS Military coverup. DUnno how it started Coverup. So news dont react to it... I mean why dont the TV work or the radio really...         Called  a Military Jammer. COVERUP! They let some people out to understand how it started or how it happend or who caused it and how to deal with them doesnt mean they dident kill them outside the quaritine to cover it up...

By the way I wish they add military soldiers to come in to try to clear it up but these soldiers Have no clue whats going on....  example : ''WHat the hell is that man doing'' ''oh lord that guy his guts are out'' ( vomit or somthing) yeah stuff like that

But its a Military Coverup No survivors Fed Coverup they only let some survivors out so they ( in theroy could find out how this started that is if the Quarintine stays up... and the power doesnt give. You can only keep a primitive animal ( zombie) out for so long before 1 escapes and spreads and overwelms I mean soldiers will shoot but not the head durr .....

But got to admit woods are safer but danger at night and scare attacks...

And remember that the devs are adding hunting animals for food soon :D So I think that would definitely fit into the whole camping thing!

I'd imagine that in the future when we involve the military, and fragmented reports on what's happening elsewhere in the world, your questions will be answered :)

(No rescue though. There is no hope!)

I really want to see how that is going to work out with the quarentine stuff.

Like i cant imagine exactly how is that going to work.

2dl28gk.png

I mean is there going to be some kind of fence set up with military outposts?

Maybe if you get close to the border you get shot without seeing anythig? If that is the case then after a few weeks there should be the abandon military outpost i suppost when we try to move out.

Also muldraugh/kentucky/west point was the ground zero?  

How long would it take to the quarentine to fail if hell breaks loose in like 2 weeks since power and water goes out about in that time?

I'd imagine that in the future when we involve the military, and fragmented reports on what's happening elsewhere in the world, your questions will be answered :)

(No rescue though. There is no hope!)

I really want to see how that is going to work out with the quarentine stuff.

Like i cant imagine exactly how is that going to work.

2dl28gk.png

I mean is there going to be some kind of fence set up with military outposts?

Maybe if you get close to the border you get shot without seeing anythig? If that is the case then after a few weeks there should be the abandon military outpost i suppost when we try to move out.

Also muldraugh/kentucky/west point was the ground zero?  

How long would it take to the quarentine to fail if hell breaks loose in like 2 weeks since power and water goes out about in that time?

but how do you know that the power has gone out everywhere or the military has shut power off in the Q zone.

you making alot of assumptions for your premise to work

For me why did they not blast the town off the map.. If its uncontrollable and risks the rest of the country then they need to remove the threat by leveling the area.

Really depends on just how quickly and uncontrollably the infection spreads. I'm also sure some US citizens wouldn't be pleased that their government just leveled a town that possibly had civilians in it. 

I have been curious about this ever since I first played the game years ago.

But if you are in  quarentine surrounded by Military, does that mean the rest of the world is fine?

I don't honestly remember the kate and baldspot tutorial that much (Ima play it in a few minutes)

But the radio was giving like misinformation or something?

I have been curious about this ever since I first played the game years ago.

But if you are in  quarentine surrounded by Military, does that mean the rest of the world is fine?

I don't honestly remember the kate and baldspot tutorial that much (Ima play it in a few minutes)

But the radio was giving like misinformation or something?

207p9h0.png

This is what i meant, you are in a quarentined city, so muldragh and west point are different citys? Or they are a city?

How can you quarentine something so big?

Also Shortbus, this is what i meant

nq1kqb.png

Reading all this gave me a high dose of hype again.

it feels like 2011 again

Wait we can still play kate and baldspot?  Where and how?  I'll do some searching now but I've been wanting to play and saw it no where apparent. 

After reading this section and the scope of PZ when it is complete was very exciting for me as well Blasted_Taco.

Wait we can still play kate and baldspot?  Where and how?  I'll do some searching now but I've been wanting to play and saw it no where apparent. 

After reading this section and the scope of PZ when it is complete was very exciting for me as well Blasted_Taco.

Theres a post on the forums that have the old versions for download..