[41.71] [MULTIPLAYER] Weight of the character doesn't decrease with time settings on server > 1 rl hour / game day

IRorschachI

Previously, we played with the setting 1 real hour = 1 game day. Many chose characters with a lot of weight. It was possible to lose weight somewhere at a rate of 1 weight unit per game week.
Then we created a new world with a game time flow rate of 2 rl hours = 1 game day and then the weight loss stopped completely. Even after 1 in-game month of fasting and following a diet of berries, radishes and cherries, the character's weight has not changed, but at the same time gaining weight was easy enough.

Then I decided to test the weight loss with a time setting of 15 rl minutes = 1 game day in the same game world. As a result, the character's weight was reduced at a rate of 1 kg per game day while maintaining the same diet and physical activity.

Host & Dedicated

No mods

Edited by IRorschachI

Can confirm, not sure if this is a bug or intended mechanic.

Weight loos acts very weird in multiplayer. Even in 46.68 with 2ilr h = 1 game day we lost 1kg per month while eating nothing but basically grass and starving our characters.

We had sleep disabled, so maybe it affected weight loss somehow. Weight gain works fine, you can still gain 2kg/day if eat properly.

• IRorschachI changed the title to [41.71] [MULTIPLAYER] Weight of the character doesn't decrease with time settings on server > 1 rl hour / game day
4 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

eating nothing but basically grass and starving our characters.

...which have literally zero impact on weight loss, which looks only on calories-fat-harbs. Not "-hunger".

Did you tried to eat grass but do not starve, does "the bug" still exist?

Though I heard rumours, what "non "1 hour = 1 day" time scale can broke some things, so we do not use it"

Edited by Fregrant

41 minutes ago, Fregrant said:

...which have literally zero impact on weight loss, which looks only on calories-fat-harbs. Not "-hunger".

Did you tried to eat grass but do not starve, does "the bug" still exist?

Though I heard rumours, what "non "1 hour = 1 day" time scale can broke some things, so we do not use it"

Hey! You can read about weight loss/gain in Zomboid here  https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Nutrition

Basically each food has its own fat/carbons amount which is not related to hunger, and if you want to loose weight you should keep starvation lvl2 on your character and only eat grass (like berries/wine leafs) when you reach starvation lvl3, which I did :)

Cheers!

@EnigmaGrey

I believe I would loose 1 kg / 4-7 days or so in 41.65-41.66 by eating low calorie food, but on 41.68 something happened and we were loosing 1kg only once a month or so.

Dedicated private server, 2 irl hours = 1 in-game day, sleep disabled, several saves 41.68 and 41.71

Edited by SonicSonedit

Also experiencing no wieght loss / gain in my server, not sure what's going on but nothing seems to work even god moding them and disabling it seems to reset it to 80 before update no longer works now.

On 5/26/2022 at 9:49 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Looks like the problem has been found. The number is transmitted as a float. Days longer than 1 hour cause the number to be clipped. 

Some more info on the character's weight if that helps.
I tested weight gain at a time rate of 4 hours = 1 game day. I started playing as a skinny character with a starting weight of 60 kg, ate mostly ice cream, consumed it as much as possible. As a result, the character gained 4 kg of weight in the first 2 days, then the weight gain completely stopped (I tested the whole thing for 7 in-game days)

But the weight can only increase during sleep, if sleep is allowed on the server

Edited by IRorschachI