electricity mod.

ac30fspad35

No, lemons made from batteries! :)

Yes, batteries made with lemons - the acidity can be used to create a very weak electrical charge. I have no idea what you could actually run on such a thing though, certainly not much than an LED bulb, or a digital clock, I'd reckon.

Lol, I think in the apocalypse the lemon would be better used as a food source.

For cocktails, of course.

"Cocktails and (Broken) Dreams"*, that's going to be the name of my post-apocalypse spit-and-sawdust saloon.

Come one, come all - check your guns at the door, and enjoy the naked ladies.

Cash not accepted - pay in shotgun shells or wood glue.

(* I may have seen this in a movie some time ago... I didn't watch it for Tom Cruise though.)

a lemon battery can be used to power a war emergency power generator.

A war emergency power generator... Powered by lemons?? lol, just lol.

its true you can power it with a lemon battery.

even a potato.

of course you would probably need 4 to power a wep.

and 10 potato's to power it.

true story.

Potatoes do not make their own power though, they act as a conductor for the power (I am pretty sure, I can not remember exactly, been a while since I brushed up on my electricity and potato science.)

I don't know how you'd be defining "making their own power." The potato or lemon or whatever acts as the electrolyte in the cell, just like whatever other electrolyte does in a "real" battery.

Confusion always happens with this stuff.

With electrolysis you do need a current to make a chemical reaction. The electrolyte is there for the ions to carry the current, and the chemical reaction occurs. The whole is an electrolytic cell.

But here, we want to produce current. We want a galvanic cell, which derives current from the chemical reaction. It's the opposite way if you want.

Windmill generator is a good idea, will definitely find those on remote places. Solar panels are on almost every geyser here in South Africa, not sure of KY though. Might be good for rudimentary charging and lighting without much modification.

or maybe a geothermal generator.

These generators are usually absolutely massive, relying on a myriad of pump stations to supply water to the geothermal hotspot where it is turned into steam to power yet another station housing the turbined. The problem being they can only be built at very select places on earth and generally work with massive amounts of pressure-buildup. Something that would/can surely fail catastrophically when not manned by engineers.

for some small amount of energy just make a fire and boil water trough a pipeline/turbine and use a cars light machine to get at least some light without to much stress :) it´s about small amounts of energy i think not to power a city, at least for now

But these 'turbines' are massive... Requiring thousands of litres of water.

http://www.artcomphoto.com/galleries/power/3327664