Finish all what DEVs already started

Thiago

OK, my suggestion is to finish what is already started...

https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Tiles/Miscellaneous and https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Items

• Dr. Oids Arcade Machine // Kaboom! Arcade Machine // PAWS Pinball Machine - time to use that to relieve unhappiness, stress and boredom
  • Oldies Jukebox - let the player choose and listen any of the game soundtrack (maybe extend it to the portable CD player?) + relieve boredom 
  • Slurp Burp Soda Machine // Tabletop Soda Machine - charge it with orange soda (like fuel in a camp fire), maintain beverage cold with electricity (bonus happiness)
  • Beer // Juice // Soda // etc - if its cold = bonus happiness
  • Pool Table - relieve unhappiness, stress (and boredom if there is another player playing too.. to this, the best way is a non controlled game... like The Sims, you send the character to play and wait until the end for a random result).
  • Empty Pallet - Can be crafted by the player and is used to store wood, logs, fertilizer, dirt/sand/gravel bags / bag of concrete / Bag of Plaster Powder (construction stuff)
  • Blue Hospital Curtain - can be taken and used as a regular curtain in regular windows (but its tinted in blue)
  • Weighing Scale - if you step over it, your weight will show above the scale (like the "bzzz" of any radio and disappears next)
  • Western Piano // Guitars // any other musical instrument - if played regularly (like exercises), you will have temporarily added the traits "Keen Hearing" and "Dextrous" (while 95% or more of the regularity bar... it decreases over time, like exercises) + give tired status and relieve unhappiness, stress and boredom (starting at +50% regularity bar)
  • Silo (tall) - can be crafted with metalworking level 9 to store a lot of fuel or water
    • when its for water - can be the "middle piece" between the Rain Collector Barrel for plumbing a sink... the schematic could be: rain collector above the Silo, to fill it automatically... then sinks can be  plumbed to silo in the same floor or below with a range of 10) .
    • If its for fuel, acts like a gas pump - you park the car near and use it, no electricity needed, manual pump)
  • Money - As any other paper, can be used to start camp fire, barbecue, etc
  • Bell - same as shouting, but with higher radius (but less than a car's honk)
  • Corkscrew - needed to open exclusively wine bottles (like can opener for food cans)
  • Crayons - can be used to mark things in map, drainable and can not be used as weapon
  • Cube - same ideia of musical instruments, but only add Dextrous (temporarily)
  • Perfumes - Can be used as fuel for camp fire
  • Playing Cards // Dices - same as Pool Table, but in this case, impossible to play it solo - works only in MP
  • Paperclip + HolePuncher - the ideia is the same of Notched Wooden Plank and stick, but to open house doors with moderate success rate, car doors with lower rates (but its possible).
  • Notched Wooden Plank and stick - higher level in foraging, make it easier to start fire (if success to start fire +little XP on foraging)
  • Stone - equipped in primary hand to be your first option of weapon when you have your bare hands, good to smash heads if you dont have decent boots
  • Rubber + Wood Stick - craft a slingshot, very low damage, but can be used to train (XP at aiming)
  • Video Game - it should be used to reduce boredom
  • Onion - recipe to slice it and have onion rings (raw)
  • Gravy - add as ingredient to pasta and etc
Edited by Thiago

I agree with everything except for the the Silo holding water/gas. They were not designed to be watertight, and definitely are not clean. Your gas would spill out/spoil very quickly, and your water would be disgusting. I think they will be used to store grains en masse after the Farming Overhaul. I also disagree with the instruments. I think if we want to make them functional, then we need to go all in. Give the player a Guitar and Piano Skill and level it up to play better sounding music a la The Sims. It should lower unhappiness and stress to everyone who can hear if the musician is a high enough level. The player doing the action should also lower boredom, and anyone dancing (if added) also lowers boredom.

• Thiago changed the title to Finish all what DEVs already started
On 5/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, TrailerParkThor said:

I agree with everything except for the the Silo holding water/gas. They were not designed to be watertight, and definitely are not clean. Your gas would spill out/spoil very quickly, and your water would be disgusting. I think they will be used to store grains en masse after the Farming Overhaul. I also disagree with the instruments. I think if we want to make them functional, then we need to go all in. Give the player a Guitar and Piano Skill and level it up to play better sounding music a la The Sims. It should lower unhappiness and stress to everyone who can hear if the musician is a high enough level. The player doing the action should also lower boredom, and anyone dancing (if added) also lowers boredom.

Hi @TrailerParkThor

thanks for your point of view
about instruments, you are right, and you showed me that it will be too much effort for a low gain.

about the silo, Ive tought that: since you are builder of the silo, if its clean or not, is up to the survivor, and theoretically a level 9 on metalworking can handle holes and things like that to store gas/water (you cant store gas, and after that fill it with water, different silos for different proposes). Again, in my toughts, in a survivalist situation, you have to use what you have and improvise... exactly like sheets, its made to cover your bed, but you can use it as a rope... but if the survivor is trying to use another silo (already used before), found somewhere in the map, then i totally agree with you.