MP mod maps have no loot respawn

Heekyo Seo

Question

Hello guys, I am running my MP server and players are asking that items are no more spawning after once they were generated with the maps.

I set mod maps like this: 

Map=BedfordFalls;North;South;West;RavenCreek;Blackwood;Grapeseed;Pitstop;NewEkron;AZSpawn;McCoysBunker;coryerdon;Chinatown;FrankfortKY;Otr;Fort Benning;klin;Trelai_4x4;FortRedStone;Muldraugh, KY

And for servertest.ini, HoursForLootRespawn=144

for servertest_SandboxVars.ini, SeenHoursPreventLootRespawn = 0

Anything I should do for mod map loot respawning?

Other than mod maps, loots are nicely spawned in vanilla maps.

If you have any experience with this, please help me.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Would probably recommend checking out the modders Workshop page to see if any other players are having the same issue or if a fix was posted there? Since it only happens on modded maps I would assume its an issue with them specifically and not with your settings.

@Beard, thank you for fast reply.

Yes, it could be a problem with mod maps but I found that in some cells items are spawned and in the other cells items will not be spawned. I cannot find any difference between spawn on and off from the debug.

I suspect that it happened with the cell or chunk level. Is there any way to see loot repsawn in debug?

Do respawn here

yes spawn.jpg

Do NOT respawn here

no spawn.jpg

There are no special options for mod maps to allow/disallow loot respawn, if loot spawns in the map then it should respawn if sandbox settings allow.

However this seems to be an issue that pops up a lot on servers running modded maps.

I know that several MP servers are suffering from that issue. Some of mod maps have no item re-spawning, so the admins of the servers should remove map files only for spawning items. And this is what is going to be happened realtime in my MP server... If the item spawning have debug or log, it would be helpful.

The problem seems to be buildings that are not respawning loot are not in one of the required zones for loot to respawn (townzone, trailerpark, farm).

When using the F2 tool in debug mode it should show any zones the tile you have selected is in in the top right corner like in the picture below.

20220519202342_1.jpg

If there are no zones then it's possible the map maker did not zone his map correctly or purposefully didn't zone certain buildings as to not make them overpowered because of loot respawn. It's also possible that if the maps were added to a game already in progress then certain files that had already been generated for that section of map had not been cleared.

Archived