[41.71] [Singleplayer] Long leather Jacket & Bathrobe insulation are wrongly distributed

Mork

41.71 (steam), single player sandbox. I don't use any mods.

Save originated from 41.70 unstable and then was updated to 41.71 unstable.

Hi,

Very minor issue:

I noticed that the insulation of both long leather jacket (JacketLong_Random) and bathrobe (LongCoat_Bathrobe) is currently more efficient on the related leg parts than on the torso & abdomen. Same goes for the wind resistance and probably the water resistance (but I don't know for this last one as the game doesn't display the detail of this attribute).

It seems to me that it should be the opposite, at least for insulation and wind resistance.

It also probably needs verification on other coats, jackets & such that cover partially the legs of the wearer, if they are all derived from the same "insulation base model" (yeah, I'm aware I'm making up technical terms, but it helps me explaining ^^).

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

How did you determine that then? I might be looking in a wrong place because I do not see any discrepancies..

Here is a screen capture, with the insulation provided by the bathrobe (my character wears only this clothing in that image). You can see that the legs are better insulated than the torso.

bathrobe_insulation.jpg.2ff94d2d784d06b7f6b682aca0f2bf46.jpg

And here is the same thing but with wind resistance showed:

bathrobe_wind_resistance.jpg.1d3b500a1c40b46421d511c2b5d82936.jpg

If my character was wearing a long leather jacket instead of the bathrobe, it would be retty much the same thing, the main difference would be that the insulation and wind resistance "map" would show that the calves&shin are exposed.

Oooh, I got it!
The problem is not the insulation, but the color grading used on those heatmaps. Torso and legs have indeed the same insulation values, but the heatmap is off, giving a different colors for the same value depending on if it is on the upper body or the lower body.

Edited by Mork

might be intentional, something like the torso loses more heat than the legs (because the dimensions of the body parts or whatever reason), so the heatmap is telling you need more clothing in the torso than in the legs.

6 hours ago, m4v said:

might be intentional

It might. And I'm sorry to say this, but if it was the case, then that would be bad design.

You have a color gradient that tells you, for instance, the wind resistance: A same value should have the same color, no matter where it is. Or, they need to change the title of this color gradient key "Wind Resistance" by something that really reflects what the color tells us. Because currently, it's rather misleading.

Edited by Mork