[41.71] [Singleplayer] Sound switching to "outside mode" when entering a car parked inside a building

Mork

41.71 (steam), single player sandbox. I don't use any mods.

Save originated from 41.70 unstable and then was updated to 41.71 unstable.

Hi,

Normally, the way ambiant sounds of the outside are played varies depending on where our character is. For instance, the rain will sound differently depending on if our character is outside, or in a house or in a car.

The bug: Have a car parked inside a building (a garage, for instance). While you are standing outside the car but inside the building, the ambiant sounds are played correctly, but if you enter the car, suddenly it sounds like if the car was parked outside (typically, the outside ambiant sounds will increase in volume the moment you enter the car).

I hope my description is not too confusing. ^^'

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Fregrant said:

Moreover, inside of that parked car will be noticeably colder than inside the garage, or even the street. Even with the windows.

Well, not for me. It's always warmer inside a car than outside (I just checked with a car parked in a garage: 20°C in the garage, 23°C in the car, 18°C outside the garage).

2 hours ago, Mork said:

What does that means exactly?

Right click Project Zomboid in steam library > settings > local files > verify integrity of game files. It checks the integrity of the game files and replaces them if they are corrupted.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:40 AM, Mork said:

Well, not for me. It's always warmer inside a car than outside (I just checked with a car parked in a garage: 20°C in the garage, 23°C in the car, 18°C outside the garage).

Curious. Always colder for me.

Ok, so, while doing some tests on a brand new sandbox game, I took the time to capture the problem, here it is:

41.71, brand new save, no mods*, no funny things, just vanilla PZ.

* Well, I lied, I'm testing a homebrew cooking mod that adds a couple of receipes, but nothing touching the sound, nothing technical, and in any case, my original bug report is about a save that has absolutely no mods. So it's not relevant.