[41.71] [Singleplayer] Inconsistent firearm weight.

GKuba

• Version 41.71
  • Singleplayer
  • No mods
  • Save originates from build 41.70

Sadly I was not able to reproduce this in debug mode so I'll try to describe what happened and attach a log file.

I went on a looting run for firearms and ammo, during the run I've found 4 MSR700 rifles with various upgrades attached to them. After removing all upgrades and unloading the guns I've noticed that their weight vary as seen in the screenshot:

image.thumb.png.a452b55b501eae9aff9ecfbb084fd7e7.png

EDIT: Same thing happened to JS-2000 shotguns.

17-05-22_02-22-26_DebugLog.zip

Edited by GKuba

The cause is, a different weapons spawn with a different attachments but same weight. Hence, these weapons will have various weight after the attachments removal.

Though the bug was gone after some time, maybe because a char relogins or a server reboots. Not tested in the single mode.

Edited by Fregrant

2 hours ago, Fregrant said:

The cause is, a different weapons spawn with a different attachments but same weight. Hence, these weapons will have various weight after the attachments removal.

Though the bug was gone after some time, maybe because a char relogins or a server reboots. Not tested in the single mode.

Yes, different weight and ammo. Everything defaulted to 4.0 after removing these on my end.

Went through the weight code and even wrote a script to spawn nothing but msr700s, but aside from variations in parts and ammo, I couldn't reproduce this.  This includes switching versions, unfortunately. 

In the log, it seems there's an error with 

ISOpenVehicleDoor.
[17-05-22 02:23:56.985] LOG  : General     , 1652747036985> bugged action, cleared queue     ISOpenVehicleDoor.

and spamming things like [17-05-22 03:28:59.992] LOG  : General     , 1652750939992> check item (though this might be normal, as it seems to involve placing items on tabletops, but I don't know why it'd be spamming it so much)

Perhaps the scripts are corrupted? Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\

Then, in Steam, right click PZ -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify to download a fresh copy. 

Verifying the files have fixed the issue. Two files were corrupted and re-downloaded. After that the weapons' weights returned to normal values. Thanks for resolving this.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

In the log, it seems there's an error with 

ISOpenVehicleDoor.
[17-05-22 02:23:56.985] LOG  : General     , 1652747036985> bugged action, cleared queue     ISOpenVehicleDoor.

and spamming things like [17-05-22 03:28:59.992] LOG  : General     , 1652750939992> check item (though this might be normal, as it seems to involve placing items on tabletops, but I don't know why it'd be spamming it so much)

I have a lot of weapons laid out on the table, might be the cause of this. Though the weapons I was talking about were not placed on tables so it's a separate issue.

20220517185055_1.thumb.jpg.306fd0bbef6153856113461158710e30.jpg

On 5/17/2022 at 6:55 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, different weight and ammo. Everything defaulted to 4.0 after removing these on my end.

Well, I have no idea why, but sometimes a weapon just spawns with a wrong weight.

I do play on a dedicated server with a vanilla experience, without any "weapon mods" and "spawn adjustments".

For example...

MSR788 - 4.0

mag - 0.2

ammo - 0.02

Sling - -0.3

Scope - 0.4

Pad - 0.1

= 4.42, but spawns as 4.22.

3.8, if all that removed.

IMG_20220518_234544.jpg

3 hours ago, Fregrant said:

Well, I have no idea why, but sometimes a weapon just spawns with a wrong weight.

Yeah after resolving this issue by verifying files I took the MSR788 for a try and some time later when the condition on it started being bad I took off all attachments to find out the gun's weight is 3.9. There's definitely something wrong with weights and relogging/verifying files is temporary fix.

@EnigmaGrey

I have found at least one way to reproduce the issue:

1. Spawn a gun.
  2. Attach upgrades to it.
  3. Store it in a container.
  4. Quit to desktop and relaunch.
  5. The upgraded gun now has the same weight as non upgraded one and removing the upgrades will change the weight accordingly.

Yep, something is definitely broken there.

You don't even have to place it in a container. Just attach the part then quit the game. Load back in, remove the scope, and you got a lighter rifle than should be possible. (ofc it goes away if you then re-load that save, but still). 

Very neat. Good find. :D