Sheet paper notes with racist messages

yabis

Hello

How can I find out who made the notes with racist messages?

I would like to ban this person / persons if there are more than one

DO I FIND this under the log data? if so under what?

Edited by yabis

You should be able to check the "item.txt" files in your server Logs, there you can see all the item pickups and item drops. Your own pickup of the note should be logged there. Use the coordinates of where you picked up the note and look for them in all of the item logs, it should show you all players who picked up or dropped the note and you can investigate based on that.

There are currently no "writing in note" logs, meaning the best and only way is going through the item drop / pickup logs as explained above.

20 hours ago, Beard said:

You should be able to check the "item.txt" files in your server Logs, there you can see all the item pickups and item drops. Your own pickup of the note should be logged there. Use the coordinates of where you picked up the note and look for them in all of the item logs, it should show you all players who picked up or dropped the note and you can investigate based on that.

There are currently no "writing in note" logs, meaning the best and only way is going through the item drop / pickup logs as explained above.

thank you for your answer. unfortunately, i did not receive an entry for the day in question ... now I know at least where I can look

Edited by yabis

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, yabis said:

Too bad ... could not find the player in the mass of log.txt files. really difficult to figure out who always creates these hateful notes.

I would instead search only for the coordinates of the paper(s) you find.

That should limit the search drastically unless it's in a highly frequented container.

It'd be great if we could log contents of these papers, though. One for The List.