Accessibility Option

Boon_dox

Being legally blind and partially color blind, I find the "Conditions" and "Insulation" bars difficult to read at times.  Even with my UI scaled up nearly to the max.  I was wondering if a possible, percentage or maybe the ability to change the color of said bars would be something that could be done to help others in my situation?  Or if there is a mod that anyone knows of, this would be great as well. Thank you.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I think there is a mod that makes your moodles(status effects, hunger, tired, etc) display with a higher degree of color contrast, but I don't know how much that would help, as I believe they only change the shades of red or green currently being used.

You wouldn't happen to know what this mod is, would you?  I'd like to give it a try to see if it helps.

15 hours ago, Boon_dox said:

You wouldn't happen to know what this mod is, would you?  I'd like to give it a try to see if it helps.

When I'm home from work, I'll see if I can't find the link.

If you're antsy to give it a try sooner, try searching for high contrast moodles, or status effects.

If I recall, I believe it was slightly configurable too. So maybe that it has options for colorblindness.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:23 PM, Boon_dox said:

Being legally blind and partially color blind, I find the "Conditions" and "Insulation" bars difficult to read at times.  Even with my UI scaled up nearly to the max.  I was wondering if a possible, percentage or maybe the ability to change the color of said bars would be something that could be done to help others in my situation?  Or if there is a mod that anyone knows of, this would be great as well. Thank you.

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/2022/05/bad-red-vs-good-green/

:)

On 5/27/2022 at 6:07 PM, Boon_dox said:

I don't know if this is just coincidence or not but this is amazing.  Thank you Indie Stone!  Thank you for the mod suggestion as well 

No worries man. The devs do read their own forums, and I've seen countless suggestions implemented over the years. Never hurts to pipe up and sound out your desires.

Granted, there are a number of things they'll likely avoid altogether, listed out in one of the pinned topics in the suggestion forum, but I've found them quite receptive to suggestions.