Return of the Map (mod)

RingoD123

OP updated again with some new pics, including Resident Evil Mansion by Japer, a new Motel (from the old map mod) and a new aerial pic of the whole town so far. We now have 2 cells that have all their buildings placed (apart from the odd little one), i also have all the buildings for the south-western most cell (thanks Japer), they just need placed.

So we have 2 cells being worked on by BobHeckling and Maklane and im about to start doing the buildings for the last Cell, then its just the North farm. Once all the buildings are placed i'll finish the Veg map, zombie spawn map and add the dirt paths, permanent (non random) trees, lakes etc etc, the first version should then be good to go for public consumption while i work on adding all the new buildings you guys have been working hard on! :-D

<3

Tranquil Vale's (furthest South West cell) buildings have all now been placed, as have some of Hastings (to the East of Tranquil Vale). All that's left is 3/4 of Hastings buildings (which BobHeckling is working on) and the 2 southern city cells (South East is being worked on by Maklane, and South West by me).

Anyway, as per usual, check the OP for updated pics.

<3

The South City cell (north of Hastings) is now complete, ive started using some new mod buildings from the forums for this cell too as i figured trying to replicate Mendonca's hospital would eat up a bit much of my time and i want to get this out to you guys asap.

Anyway, OP updated with a pic of the new cell and with a list of current contributors. Only have 1 and a half cells left to place the buildings on (as well as the north west farm).

If i get through it quick enough i might even fill out the other 4 or 5 cells that have roads already lain down with buildings too, most of which will be residential housing with the odd shop(s) here and there.

So, if any of you guys have made any buildings that you havnt uploaded yet, now is a good time, same goes to anyone who was waiting before making any new buildings, get cracking now! :-D

Ok, we now have all of the Cells from the old mod complete with new buildings etc, there are 4 cells left at the South of town, 1 i will make industrial, 1 or 2 will be heavy residential and one light residential. Then there are the 4 northern cells that lead up to the North West farm, the most North east of these will be Industrial/military (using whatever buildings that we have that will look the part) with another 2 being residential, and the 4th as yet unspecified.

So, if any of you are thinking of making buildings, then industrial/residential would be mucho appreciated, but again, all buildings are welcome!

See OP for updated pics etc as per usual.

<3

Thanks for use my buildings, I like a lot how the Hotel: The Key, whit the others stores fits in the plaza you made. The only thing I don't like it's not having time for building more, because I like it a lot, and more when someone has a good project in the works and work hard like you... For ever aprecciated. Keep working if you can. <3

No problem Maklane, your buildings are great, would have been a crime not to use them :-D

Another update today, finished the heavy residential cell to the South East (pic in OP), just 2 more light residential cells and an industrial cell left to place the buildings for (as well as the north west farm). Then its just a case of doing the street lights, grime etc and finish the veg map then the first version will be ready for release.

Also added a new aerial view pic of what the whole town looks like so far.

<3

Hey Ringo

A massive thank you to yourself and everyone who is helping make this mod come to life really appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in! Me and a couple buddies are waiting on this, getting more excited with each update we see,

Do you know if it will be at all possible to play the map in sandbox when its released? 

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Hey Ringo, I PM'ed you the Asylum and stuff, I'll be keeping an eye on this map for sure. You should consider talking to Twiggy about his map and maybe combining the two since they are both essentially community maps. Guess it cannot do harm y'know?

Also feel free to PM me if you have any ideas for buildings (preferably large ones) or if you want me to test something in the map. Also I have several other large university buildings that suffered from bad performance in build 21 (last tested), If you can could you pop one in and check out its performance?

Let me know dude, here or via PM if you are interested.

Peace out.

Thanks WamBam and Viceroy! <3

Finished Cell 8 today (placing buildings, road layout etc), it has Viceroys amazing asylum (with greenhouse, boiler room and groundskeepers buildings) and also his large library. He also sent me a large university/botany style building which has also replaced a couple of (doubled up) buildings, just to the south east of the city centre.

Yeah i spoke to Twiggy last night, he's interested in giving a hand with this map mod (still have a good few buildings from the old version to convert) and i think he might still also be making his own map mod, which like all the other map mods (chernarus, gutrot island etc), once complete, will be added to this mega map mod, which in turn is going to be placed (as a mod) in the official map.

Looks as if im going to be placing this first city (Bedford Falls) to the far east of Muldraugh and far south of West Point.

As always, updated pics in the OP!

<3

Last cell South of the city has been completed (building wise), another residential cell. Just the 4 northern cells left now which im going to leave blank until we have some more new buildings to put down, I will put the north west farm down in the meantime though.

In the next few days I will be doing the world detailing (road markings, streetlights etc) and the veg/zombie maps then the first version should be ready to go!

It currently has 700 buildings and about 7500 rooms to loot/explore. I'm just about to add some new pics to the OP too.

North West farm is now down ( yes it has a well :-D ) and ive made some good progress with the terrain in and around Bedford Falls. All that's left now is a few more dirt paths, small park area's and a couple of car parks. After these, the road markings and street signs etc will go down and I will complete the Veg map. Then its ready for human consumption :-D

Updated pic in the OP as per usual.

Thanks for the kind words guys! <3

Haha DoctahWong, I already have your current buildings dotted around in this mod too :-D

Anyway, terrain and vegetation are fully complete now and most of the cells also now have their grime and road markings down, only 4 cells left then its just a case of adding in the street lights and the odd bit of "world beautification" (park benches, ornamental plants etc). Hoping to have the first test version ready for you guys by the end of the weekend. Adding updated pics to the OP now.

Thanks for the kind words guys! <3

Haha DoctahWong, I already have your current buildings dotted around in this mod too :-D

Anyway, terrain and vegetation are fully complete now and most of the cells also now have their grime and road markings down, only 4 cells left then its just a case of adding in the street lights and the odd bit of "world beautification" (park benches, ornamental plants etc). Hoping to have the first test version ready for you guys by the end of the weekend. Adding updated pics to the OP now.

Ah, i see!

Are they the updated ones though?, i have updated them a bit just to make some detail and fix some stuff that has been glitching out. ;)