41.71 UNSTABLE released

Batsphinx

MUSIC

- More tracks for the new dynamic music system - we now have ten of the refigured music tracks in-game, with four more still to come.

MODELS AND ANIMS

- Changed Diamond Pattern Sweater Vest and V-neck Sweater Vest to use Sweater body location
- Changed High Viz vest to use Sweater body location
- Added a different animation played when destroying floors with a sledgehammer.

SOUND

- Fixed SFX and music cutting out in busy situations (often seen on MP servers)
- Reimplemented ZombieVocalsManager to limit zombie voice events to the nearest 20 zombies.
- Optimized sorting objects in DoorAndWindowEmitters and ZombieVocalsManager.
- Changed handling of object ambient sounds so they only play from the nearest 20 objects. This includes doors, fridges, trees, windows and any sprite with the AmbientSound property set.
- Removed DoorAndWindowEmitters.  This is combined with ObjectAmbientEmitters.

- Fixed ZombieVocalsManager not actually stopping vocal events when one of the 20 slots was reassigned to a different zombie.

BALANCE

- Muffins produced by the "Get 6 Muffins" recipe have the name of the ingredient added to the muffins, if any, such as "Apple Muffin".
- Muffins produced by the "Get 6 Muffins" recipe are marked "Cooked", so the hunger-reduction bonus due to being cooked is applied.
- Fixed adding a spice to a stale Taco increases boredom and unhappiness.
- Added new methods to the Food class (to fix the above issue):
    getBoredomChangeUnmodified()
    getEnduranceChangeUnmodified()
    getStressChangeUnmodified()
    getThirstChangeUnmodified()
    getUnhappyChangeUnmodified()
- Higher level carpentry crates now have more space.
- Can now move empty composter.
- Can now move military crates.

FIXES

- Fixed new player's natural hair color being different than their hair color. This caused the hair color to change when it regrew after shaving it.
- Fixed Consolidate All stopping after the first full item.
- Fixed "Fill All" stopping if an item was in a carried bag and needed to be replaced by a different item type.
- Fixed the player moving to a strange position when performing the "Place Item" command on items that are inside a vehicle.
- Fixed the "Place Item" command showing when the player is inside a vehicle.
- Fixed displaying a submenu for single items in the "Fill" menu.
- Fixed ISRemoveBurntVehicle not checking whether the Propane Torch has enough propane.
- Fixed the Dismantle Car Wreck tooltip showing the incorrect required amount of propane when the player doesn't have a Propane Torch.
- Fixed the player standing on floors they are destroying with a sledgehammer.
- Fixed the level-up text above the player's head not being displayed in the first hour of life, for passive perks (Fitness and Strength) and for the first experience level.
- Fixed no sound playing when unloading bullets from a magazine.
- Fixed playing GetWaterFromTap when filling a container from a puddle.  Now it plays GetWaterFromLake (which is a bit loud when filling a bottle).
- Fixed incorrect hunger calculation when adding ingredients in evolved recipes.
- Fixed bunch of tile definitions problems.
- Fixed various table story problems.
- Fixed dismantling log wall not giving logs.
- Fixed some issues with 3D models.
- Fixed "Film Camera" not being called "Camera Film" and lowered the weight.  The item is not a camera.
- Fixed some hedge sprites becoming invisible when covered in snow with x1 textures.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:26 AM, Batsphinx said:

- Can now move military crates.

I can confirm this is working although it has few minor bugs on it.

1-Crates cannot be stacked or rotated.

2-If you pick a crate that was stacked on top of another crate, it'll stay "floating" like that when you try to place it, and you'll not be able to place it atop another crate.

Of course, this might be due to me playing in my map from the previous patch. Maybe if a new save was made it'd be different.

Stuff like this is the worst. Having to replace/rebuild items/structures/etc once your level gets higher is a huge pain in an already grindy game. Hate needing to grind skills to high levels on new characters every time just so I don't have to worry about those things. Door and wall durability is one thing, but container space too?

HOTFIX

- Updated credits
- Updated community translations.
- Updated sound banks with two new action tracks.

- Fixed Texture.saveToCurrentSavefileDirectory() not working with textures created via the split() method.
- Fixed Texture.saveToCurrentSavefileDirectory() not working with non-power-of-two texture sizes.
- Fixed wall-cutaway textures being drawn at the wrong size when not using double-sized textures.
- Fixed player logging into darkness on MP
- Fixed the FMOD MusicActionStyle parameter not updating to match the Audio option.
- Fixed looping zombie 'hurt' sound.

8 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

HOTFIX

- Updated credits
- Updated community translations.
- Updated sound banks with two new action tracks.

- Fixed Texture.saveToCurrentSavefileDirectory() not working with textures created via the split() method.
- Fixed Texture.saveToCurrentSavefileDirectory() not working with non-power-of-two texture sizes.
- Fixed wall-cutaway textures being drawn at the wrong size when not using double-sized textures.
- Fixed player logging into darkness on MP
- Fixed the FMOD MusicActionStyle parameter not updating to match the Audio option.
- Fixed looping zombie 'hurt' sound.

If our server is already using the unstable version, when the 41.71 will be released as stable will be required to do the wipe? thx

On 5/16/2022 at 4:36 AM, swordofheaven said:

Stuff like this is the worst. Having to replace/rebuild items/structures/etc once your level gets higher is a huge pain in an already grindy game. Hate needing to grind skills to high levels on new characters every time just so I don't have to worry about those things. Door and wall durability is one thing, but container space too?

You can still play without replacing the old crates, it doesnt say that lower level crates will have reduced space lol

On 5/16/2022 at 5:36 AM, swordofheaven said:

Just pick it up and put it back down, you'll get the new value...

41 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Guys, you should add the generator producing heat to the houses they are connected to, and working AC as well haha  ;)
Love the new music system <3 <3

Any electrical connection will cause a house to remain a stable temperature in winter right now.

34 minutes ago, Cactus on a Skateboard said:

I cant' put headphone in the Cdplayer and in the walkie-talkie

I cant' put vhs in the television

I cant' put cd in in the CDplayer

is this happen to me only?

How are you adding these items? You have to drag CD into "Device options" of the CD player for example.

15 hours ago, nasKo said:

Hotfix released for 41.71 on Unstable branch:

- Added maxInstancesPerEmitter property to sound scripts. This is used by "M16Shoot" to fade out the oldest instances when starting a new one.

Is this related to m16 rapid-fire staggering bug?

Thanks for update guys!

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

How are you adding these items? You have to drag CD into "Device options" of the CD player for example.

Hi!, Yes i saw a video on YT on how to make it right, but when i hover cd's or the other thing on the square where it goes they dind't go green nor red.

Btw i saw a post 2 sec ago: 

maybe it seems the same problem, cause i'm playing with controller too (and the mouse when it needed).

I will try to see if it work with that solution when i get home.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, Cactus on a Skateboard said:

Hi!, Yes i saw a video on YT on how to make it right, but when i hover cd's or the other thing on the square where it goes they dind't go green nor red.

Btw i saw a post 2 sec ago: 

maybe it seems the same problem, cause i'm playing with controller too (and the mouse when it needed).

I will try to see if it work with that solution when i get home.

Ok it worked! if you play with the controller, mous drag and drop doesn't work, instead we need to use RB to go inside the Device Menu and then you can add Headphone, CD's, VHS...