Did anybody catch Plague Inc. when it came out? It's a really fun android and iOs game about exterminating humanity via a super-plague, and refreshed and refined the gameplay of this one old flash game series called Pandemic. It's free-to-play, but still very fun to play without even spending a cent. 

I was checking out their blog thing, and I found out they're actually porting it to Steam on the 20th. So that's something.

Details here and here, I think.

is it anything like the flash game pandemic 2? i remember playing that, it was pretty cool. almost sounded like the soundtrack for the movie Contagion was taken from that.

If I recall correctly, the guy who's developing it said that he tried to refresh and refine Pandemic's gameplay with Plague, also citing it as a major influence. I like it a lot more than I liked Pandemic and Pandemic 2.

The best part about that expansion pack is that it's unlockable and feasible to unlock without ever spending a cent.

<3

That's definitely one of the best parts about it. Games that offer purchasable content, but also allow you to fairly unlock it, always get a tick in my book. 

The zombie expansion pack is pretty awesome as well. I find Australia makes a good starting point.  :evil:

Kazakhstan FTW.

EDIT: I actually tried a few games starting from Australia and I redact that prior statement. Australia is quite a good starting point. B)

Unfortunately, Australian censor board is on orders to ban every game possible : D

I have never managed to eradicate humanity with a fungus on any difficulty level :sad:

I've found it really really really really helpful to go back and unlock more genes on the previous pathogens. Why not shoot for Brutal, even? I tried another playthrough the other night after my other device got wiped and it seemed uncharacteristically easy on Brutal with more genes on.

Spoiler
also here have a nice hug because i got stuck on fungus for about four or five months and got really frustrated and upset and angry and stuff and thought what i really needed at that time was a hug and some encouragement so there you go