[SOLVED]Foraging does not work in half map, and problem whit whorkshop

RolandoLaCanna

Hello everyone,
I am new to the world of mapping, but I have already published a small work for a server where I play.
I managed to insert a single cell in the game map, thanks to the guide "The one sstop tilezed mapping shop"
and the problems encountered during that work I have largely solved by reading this forum. 
So thank you all for your sharing of knowledge.
Now I have dedicated myself to a slightly larger job and I am working on 12 cells,
which are going to replace the area east of Riverside, across the river.
I have encountered two problems to which I cannot find a solution despite my various tests.

Problem 1: in the 6 cells on the south side the foragin system does not work. 
I initially used the "create object polygon" tool on worlded
now I also tried to use the simple "create object" but the result does not change.
I checked that the objects are on the right level and that they also have the correct group.
In the 6 cells on the north side I used the "create polygon object" tool and everything works correctly.

Problem 2:I was able to test the map in single player after putting it in the correct Zomboid mods folder.
But by publishing on the workshop to have a friend test it, the map is not loaded in the game.
Same problem if I try to host a game, the map is not loaded.
From the server settings it makes me add the spawn point I added to the map,
but during character creation the spawn point is not selectable or visible.
I have already checked that the folders have the right structure by comparing them with other modded maps.
I also have a question besides these two problems.
My _zombiespawnmap is totally black, in the hope that no zombies will be spawned.
But in the various tests the zombies are still in buildings and around the map, why?
i am making this map for a roleplay server where we will play a little preapocalypse run.
for this reason the choice to put the map over the river.
Placing my object.lua file maybe it can help you figure out if I did something wrong
or maybe you find all file here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2804574707

Thanks again to the whole community and developers who contribute to this fantastic Project Zomboid

Map-Position.png

Foraging.png

objects.lua

Edited by RolandoLaCanna

For zones, everything has to be placed using the basic "create object" tool.

The only time you should ever use the polygon tools is for marking your roads and paths to show up on your in-game mini map.

Check all of your cells, have you placed any water zones? if you have then make sure you have at least 2 water zones on your cell, it's possible there is still a bug if you only have 1 water zone on a cell.

If your map is not loading in multiplayer then the most likely suspects are that you have not set your server up correctly and you are trying to load your map mod before the vanilla map instead of the other way around, or you are trying to add your map to a game that was already in progress. The "map=" line in your servers setting should end with Muldraugh, KY, not start with it.

Zombie spawn maps are only half of the equation when it comes to zombies actually spawning, the other half is your sandbox settings, so even if your zombie spawn map is completely black you will still get zombies spawning based off your sandbox setting.

Thanks for the reply.
I will change the polygons with normal objects.
but the absurd thing is that in the areas where foraging is working correctly at the moment they are done with polygons.
while one of the cells where it doesn't work is done with the normal create object.
I will try to add a tile of the water area in the cells where they already exist.
is it okay if the second water object is superimposed on the one already present in the cell? 
or do I have to create one to put in a different position?
must the water object also be created with the normal create object tool?
Edited by RolandoLaCanna

i changed all objects in a single cell and only used "create object"
I also divided the water areas so as to put more than one.
but the foraging problem was not solved.
Could it be because the other cells in the map are still made with polygons?

as far as the host of a game is concerned that problem still persists. I think so is it correct as you said?
i put a photo from maps setting

20220510191903_1.jpg

If your problem is being created by using polygon zones for foraging etc then just changing them on 1 cell probably wouldn't work as all of your cells share the same objects.lua.

water zones should also be placed using the regular "create object" tool. Explanations on how to place all of the zones can be found in Step 6 of the One Stop TileZed Guide.

Your image for your server settings looks correct. Does the workshop version also work in single player? if not then the issue is probably to do with your folder/file structure.

I will change all the objects in the 12 cells in the hope that the problem will be solved.

thinking it might be the wrong structure, i deleted the zomboid / mods / mapname folder.
and at the moment I only have the version of the workshop installed in the pc, and in single player it works correctly, as host it doesn't work!
so it comes to me to deduce that the folder must have the right structure otherwise it should not work even in single player.
I also let a friend try, he too can play single player but can't add it in a game as a host.

OK, just tested your workshop map and I managed to get it working as a host of a server, you just have to make sure that all of the mods you specified as required on your workshop page are also added to your server in the mods tab of the server settings, I also made sure they were added to the mods tab before adding your map. After that I started the server and your map came up as a spawn option as it should.

Hi, thanks so much for the help!
the foraging problem was solved by changing polygon objects with normal objects. now all foraging is working perfectly.

the problem as host still persists, I always loaded the requested mods, but I always put the map mod as the first mod,
I followed your advice and started a new host using my map as the last mod.
and despite the fact that the string that adds the spawnpoint appears in the spawnregion file, 
after the creation of the server it is not possible to choose it as a spawn point.
even if I choose the vanilla spawn and use the teleport to reach the area, I only find the vanilla cells in the game. 

I also did some tests by adding the map not from the mods tab but from the workshop tab, but that didn't solve the problem.
now that I know that you have managed to make it work it seems even more absurd to me.

• RolandoLaCanna changed the title to Foraging does not work in half map, and problem whit whorkshop [FORAGING SOLVED]
I just started a hosting in debug mode and I am aware of these errors. 
the list is much longer than the one shown in the image
I have no idea if it's about the mods or the map.
the only ones I've entered are the map and required tiles

errore avvio.png

Edited by RolandoLaCanna

• RolandoLaCanna changed the title to [SOLVED]Foraging does not work in half map, and problem whit whorkshop